Evening Buffet on Apex question

steveso

Hi all. I know that last year Celebrity greatly restricted their evening buffet offering and then gradually relaxed it back after complaints.

We are looking at booking on Apex in May (Baltic cruise). Does anyone know how much is now on offer in the buffet? (For various reasons we much prefer using the buffet in the evening rather than the Dining Room). 

Can anyone give a comparison of how the Apex evening buffet may compare to say Anthem on Royal Caribbean?

Many thanks

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I sailed on Apex a few weeks ago and was very happy with the OceanView Cafe… especially the StirFry station which was absent a few months ago on Equinox.  I also enjoyed the carving and pasta stations.  I am not a veggie eater so can’t comment on that.  There was also shrimp cocktail every night…I’ve never seen that before!   I would have eaten at the OVC more if I had more nights! 
Enjoy 😋

Edited by lola2013

We sailed on Apex in the Baltic last July and the buffet was excellent. We usually only eat there at breakfast and lunch. However the MDR’s were disappointing ( limited choices with few options that appealed) so often dined at the buffet in the evening. 

31 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I sailed on Apex a few weeks ago and was very happy with the OceanView Cafe… especially the StirFry station which was absent a few months ago on Equinox.  I also enjoyed the carving and pasta stations.  I am not a veggie eater so can’t comment on that.  There was also shrimp cocktail every night…I’ve never seen that before!   I would have eaten at the OVC more if I had more nights! 
Enjoy 😋

Pasta station is one of my favorites, good to hear 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

We sailed on Apex in the Baltic last July and the buffet was excellent. We usually only eat there at breakfast and lunch. However the MDR’s were disappointing ( limited choices with few options that appealed) so often dined at the buffet in the evening. 

We were on the Apex in April.  Each of the 4 MDRs are a different theme and type of food (Italian, French, etc) with 6 or more offerings in each.  You can order food from any other of the 4 restaurants or mix and match (appetizer, special drink, entree, dessert, etc).  Just look at all the menus on your app ahead of time.

2 hours ago, steveso said:

Hi all. I know that last year Celebrity greatly restricted their evening buffet offering and then gradually relaxed it back after complaints.

We are looking at booking on Apex in May (Baltic cruise). Does anyone know how much is now on offer in the buffet? (For various reasons we much prefer using the buffet in the evening rather than the Dining Room). 

Can anyone give a comparison of how the Apex evening buffet may compare to say Anthem on Royal Caribbean?

Many thanks

The choices were pretty much back to normal on a Norway cruise last summer.  Pasta station was operating.  On a fall TA a bit less offered, but plenty of selections.  Both pretty close to pre covid.