Mardi gras deck 9, 10 or 11

Deck 11 would be preferable along the sides of the ship but I do not know about the front.  On the sides, balconies on 11 can look right down into those on lower decks while Deck 12 balconies do not overlook those on Deck 11.  As I said, I do not know if this holds true with a front suite. 

1 hour ago, Travelling2Some said:

Deck 11 would be preferable along the sides of the ship but I do not know about the front.  On the sides, balconies on 11 can look right down into those on lower decks while Deck 12 balconies do not overlook those on Deck 11.  As I said, I do not know if this holds true with a front suite. 

Thanks. Been a rough day. Was about to upgrade to an aft Excel corner suite and it got booked an hour before i did it. I have an aft extended balcony ATM. But really want the Excel perks. Leaning towards the excel front corner suite. So over priced i think.Just want to not be far from everything.  Heck even ocean suites have priority boarding. 

Posted (edited)

Last year we had a suite on deck 12, was a corner bump out balcony, loved it!  A couple weeks ago had a cabin in Havana area on deck 8 and loved the privacy and outside area that comes with Havana cabins.  Deck 8 turned out to be a great deck to stay and we had a blast!  DH loved deck 8 Havana more than any other we have had so far (for DS and myself, its a toss up, love both cabins) but could have something to do with great access to Hero's Lounge aft deck 8 😏.  

Edited by Drazil65

As far as being far away from everything, a forward or aft cabin can be far away from things, depending on where you will be spending your time.  We stayed in the Havana area on 8 two times - it is definitely the best for getting to most things without having to wait for an elevator, although on one of the trips it was super loud - .  Also stayed in a regular balcony and in the extended balcony on deck 10 mid ship.  I loved the extended balcony - luckily got the one that is the most extended if that makes sense.  Huge balcony and view directly to the water.  

If you haven't been on the Mardi Gras, you will definitely get your steps in.  Lots to see and do forward, aft and mid-ship, so I always get a lot of miles in every day.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2024 at 2:26 PM, sc4125 said:

As far as being far away from everything, a forward or aft cabin can be far away from things, depending on where you will be spending your time.  We stayed in the Havana area on 8 two times - it is definitely the best for getting to most things without having to wait for an elevator, although on one of the trips it was super loud - .  Also stayed in a regular balcony and in the extended balcony on deck 10 mid ship.  I loved the extended balcony - luckily got the one that is the most extended if that makes sense.  Huge balcony and view directly to the water.  

If you haven't been on the Mardi Gras, you will definitely get your steps in.  Lots to see and do forward, aft and mid-ship, so I always get a lot of miles in every day.

right now we are booked in a extended aft balcony 9505. We were upgrading to a excel corner aft suite. an hour before we booked someone swooped it up. Seems the aft location is close to the main dining room and other things. The front suites seem really far. I was looking at Havana suites too. Suprising amout of rooms left for a cruise leaving in 2 months. especially on spring break. As mush as i'd love a suite it seems the aft extended balcony looks the best