Can I bring a small case of diet iced tea aboard?

GSTgst

Can I bring a small case of diet iced tea aboard my ship (Costa Smeralda)?  I don’t like soda because of the fizz.  Most cruise lines will let you bring 10-12 cans/bottles aboard, but after reading all this mess about Costa and them not even serving tap water free at dinner, it makes me think they’ll probably not allow it. I’m from the USA if that makes any difference.  Your thoughts?

On 1/9/2024 at 4:13 PM, GSTgst said:

Can I bring a small case of diet iced tea aboard my ship (Costa Smeralda)?  I don’t like soda because of the fizz.  Most cruise lines will let you bring 10-12 cans/bottles aboard, but after reading all this mess about Costa and them not even serving tap water free at dinner, it makes me think they’ll probably not allow it. I’m from the USA if that makes any difference.  Your thoughts?

Their website, sadly, says no drinks of any kind are allowed to be brought on the ship.  I was surprised they didn’t even allow one bottle of wine to be brought in!  Might I suggest getting some individual packets of the diet iced teas to add to their mineral water.  ALSO, I have worked around the water issue by taking an empty yeti cup on board in my checked baggage.  I get ice buckets for my room several times a day.  I let it melt and use that for drinking water.  That combined with your packets might be your work around! 

I am doing my first Costa cruise, on the Smeralda, leaving 1/26/24.  I’ve cruised over 20 times but this is my first European!

On 1/10/2024 at 6:13 AM, GSTgst said:

I would say it depends on your embarkation port. At least in Barcelona, on embarkation day your carryons are scanned by port security, and they do not (in our experience) enforce cruise line -specific regulations about bringing alcoholic- or non-alcoholic drinks onboard. Besides, after the security-scan at the terminal, there is a duty-free where you can buy soft drinks, wine & spirits, and bring them onboard without any interrogation or further checking of bags on embarkation day.

• Like 1

I’m tempted to just bring over a couple six packs of diet Snapple (I don’t like fizzy drinks) and try and get them onboard - if they confiscate them, then the loss is only 12 to 15 bucks.  I am embarking out of Barcelona.