Gluten-free and other medical diet problems on P&O Cruises Iona during 2023 Norwegian Fjords season

mhurley142

30 minutes ago, fragilek said:

Did she manage to get fresh lactose free dairy milk or was it a non dairy  version.  I can't have some of the other non dairy ones due to other allergies/celiac.  And I cant stand soya milk, so much so that on our last holiday I worked out I can take black coffee lol.

It was lactose free dairy milk but no idea if it was fresh or long life. She buys both at home so doesn’t mind either . 

• Like 1

It must be a nightmare for cruise lines, hotels etc. Paprika Intolerant is a new one on me. If I was in that trade I would be tempted to forgoe their business. Compensation??.

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

It must be a nightmare for cruise lines, hotels etc. Paprika Intolerant is a new one on me. If I was in that trade I would be tempted to forgoe their business. Compensation??.

Paprika part of the Nightshade intolerance which includes many plants such as tomatoes, potato’s, sweet peppers (Paprika being made from them) Chilli’s etc. Yes they are all related to the likes of Belladonna, Mandrake and Tobacco, one of the reasons not to eat green potatoes. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Paprika part of the Nightshade intolerance which includes many plants such as tomatoes, potato’s, sweet peppers (Paprika being made from them) Chilli’s etc. Yes they are all related to the likes of Belladonna, Mandrake and Tobacco, one of the reasons not to eat green potatoes. 

After trying that new Indian Saturday night, If I had an intolerance to chilli. I think I would know by now.

Edited by zap99