E class suites connecting cabins

cbfb

We were just on the Beyond and we were going to book a suite on the Ascent. The only cabins left showed they were connecting. The person at future cruise told us they have the alcove area outside the room and a connecting door inside. Can anyone who has had one of these cabins confirm? We didn’t book as we didn’t want the inside the cabin connecting door. 

I've never been in one but seen them when walking the hallways.     Like many of the cabins that have an inset door way --- each room has their own door but there is another door that can close off the alcove and leave your door unlocked or open.

Here's a picture to help visualize
8274787213_077b1be4f8_c.jpg.ae3a4f78a48a54909e564a6e10e2b428.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've never been in one but seen them when walking the hallways.     Like many of the cabins that have an inset door way --- each room has their own door but there is another door that can close off the alcove and leave your door unlocked or open.

Here's a picture to help visualize
8274787213_077b1be4f8_c.jpg.ae3a4f78a48a54909e564a6e10e2b428.jpg

Thank you!!! 

In most there is a door that appears to be a cabin door with key access that goes into a small hallway where there are two separate cabin doors with separate key access to get into your cabin.  So if your sailing with family the first door can remain closed and the cabin doors open or unlocked to share access.  If your not with the other cabin folks, you would just be sharing the small hallway and the first door can be propped open, so you don't have to unlock two doors to get into your cabin.

1 minute ago, Tyler414 said:

In most there is a door that appears to be a cabin door with key access that goes into a small hallway where there are two separate cabin doors with separate key access to get into your cabin.  So if your sailing with family the first door can remain closed and the cabin doors open or unlocked to share access.  If your not with the other cabin folks, you would just be sharing the small hallway and the first door can be propped open, so you don't have to unlock two doors to get into your cabin.

Thank you! This sounds great. I’m just not keen on a connected door inside the cabins! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Thank you! This sounds great. I’m just not keen on a connected door inside the cabins! 

I'm much the same.    I've been in CS on M-class ships that have a connecting interior door and you can actually hear the butler talking in the morning when delivering meals.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cbfb said:

Neither do I. The M class PH has an interior connecting door to an adjoining SS. The setup shown above looks much nicer. 

23 hours ago, cbfb said:

We were just on the Beyond and we were going to book a suite on the Ascent. The only cabins left showed they were connecting. The person at future cruise told us they have the alcove area outside the room and a connecting door inside. Can anyone who has had one of these cabins confirm? We didn’t book as we didn’t want the inside the cabin connecting door. 

We're recently off the Apex, staying in SV 9307 which shows "connecting" with suite 9305. It was fabulous. The cabins themselves are not connecting. As others have previously mentioned, you simply share a private hallway. The rooms are very private and quiet. At no time did we hear our neighbors except when we were on the balcony at the same time (wonderful balcony, by the way). I would not hesitate to book one again. Of course our first choice would be an SV right in the middle, but you have to be quick for those! In fact, we have the Apex booked again for July 2025, and have the same "shared hallway" SV cabin booked (because again, we were a bit too slow to book--those SV's go fast!). But, we're very excited for our cruise, and already know we love the room and the balcony. Bottom line, don't let it scare you away from booking.

Here's the door connecting 6147 to 6145 on the Constellation. We didn't hear anything from the adjoining room either sailing but I'd read of people in 6145 complaining about the piano from 6147. The other photo shows a truly adjoining room on E-class (unless my memory has failed me). 

Image1.jpg

InteriorConnectinfDoor.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MustBCruzn said:

We're recently off the Apex, staying in SV 9307 which shows "connecting" with suite 9305. It was fabulous. The cabins themselves are not connecting. As others have previously mentioned, you simply share a private hallway. The rooms are very private and quiet. At no time did we hear our neighbors except when we were on the balcony at the same time (wonderful balcony, by the way). I would not hesitate to book one again. Of course our first choice would be an SV right in the middle, but you have to be quick for those! In fact, we have the Apex booked again for July 2025, and have the same "shared hallway" SV cabin booked (because again, we were a bit too slow to book--those SV's go fast!). But, we're very excited for our cruise, and already know we love the room and the balcony. Bottom line, don't let it scare you away from booking.

Thank you!!! This is what I was hoping for. The gentleman at the future cruise desk was insistent that they had both a shared hallway and a connecting door inside the cabins. I appreciate your detailed response! 

• Like 1