Ship Sponsored Tours - Whittier

Italy52

Very interesting -- does anyone know why Princess is not offering any ship-sponsored glacier tours in Whittier this year?  I always book my tours independently when in Whittier so I am good.  Just thought it seemed rather odd that there was nothing being offered for turn-around day. 

I had wondered about this as well. They used to offer tours specifically for those doing a b2b pre-covid and nothing since. Three years ago we had 700 passengers that were b2b onboard and everyone was on their own. Seems there’s a demand for it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

I had wondered about this as well. They used to offer tours specifically for those doing a b2b pre-covid and nothing since. Three years ago we had 700 passengers that were b2b onboard and everyone was on their own. Seems there’s a demand for it.

I always make my own reservations when we go to Whittier.  However, since we had a lot of OBC last year, we decided to book the 26 Glaciers tour through Princess. The excursion was at full capacity.  It will be interesting to see what it will be like this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Sometimes the tours are not offered until you are on the ship. It has been awhile since I have done a B2B but that was my experience.

I don't know what Princess is doing this year.  Last year I was able to book the excursion well in advance of the cruise.  This year, the Whittier glacier excursion is not even showing on their website. If nothing is offered for Whittier, there are going to be a lot of people roaming around a place that really doesn't have much to offer. 

17 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I don't know what Princess is doing this year.  Last year I was able to book the excursion well in advance of the cruise.  This year, the Whittier glacier excursion is not even showing on their website. If nothing is offered for Whittier, there are going to be a lot of people roaming around a place that really doesn't have much to offer. 

I have noticed recently in Europe, on B2B, they don't always show the excursions available for those on B2B cruises. I think they will have them but you may not see it before the cruise.

If you have OBC - there are ways around this.. 🙂