A few questions…

Hello all

Boarding Ascent at the end of the month and just wondered if anyone has managed to get a mini kettle in their room? 
Also, who do you ask? Is it  guest relations or room attendant. I know you can get room service but don’t want to trouble anyone for a tea in the morning.

Our Muster station is C1, where would that be? 

We have a  private celebrity transfer and they are picking us up at 11:40am from our hotel in F.ort Lauderdale and it should take about 30 minutes, maximum to get to the port but our check in time is 1:30-2:00, has anyone experienced this? 

Many thanks x

Edited by little miss chatterbox

1.  I am certain that they will NOT allow you to have a mini-kettle in your room.

2.  Muster station C1, have no idea where that is, but ask your cabin attendant when he comes around to introduce him/her self.   They don't do the big muster station drill anymore - you just have to watch a video and then, IIRC, check in with staff at the muster station.

3.  You'll be fine.  If you get to the port early they may let you board anyway or at worst you will have to wait a bit.  

The location of your muster station is on a diagram on the inside of your cabin door.  

No kettle.

Arriving early you may have to wait, hard to predict.  We have arrived on time and had to wait to be checked in and board. 

Regarding Muster Station -   You will have it written on your SeaPass and one on the ship or slightly before it will show the exact location on your seapass.   In addition it will be clearly shown on the back of your stateroom door. 

While they now do Virtual Safety Presentation you are required to go to your Muster Station to know where it is and to be checked in physically (scan of SeaPass) after boarding.

Depending on ship you may be able to obtain (not bring one) by making a request to your Stateroom Attendant.   Some of the ships that are based part of the year in the UK have a supply.   I always travel in suites and upper suites have them automatically and in Celebrity Suites I have been able to obtain one (based on availability) by making a request to the Butler.

40 minutes ago, CruiseRQA said:

1.  I am certain that they will NOT allow you to have a mini-kettle in your room.

2.  Muster station C1, have no idea where that is, but ask your cabin attendant when he comes around to introduce him/her self.   They don't do the big muster station drill anymore - you just have to watch a video and then, IIRC, check in with staff at the muster station.

3.  You'll be fine.  If you get to the port early they may let you board anyway or at worst you will have to wait a bit.  

Thank you so much 

31 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The location of your muster station is on a diagram on the inside of your cabin door.  

No kettle.

Arriving early you may have to wait, hard to predict.  We have arrived on time and had to wait to be checked in and board. 

Thanks for the info

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Regarding Muster Station -   You will have it written on your SeaPass and one on the ship or slightly before it will show the exact location on your seapass.   In addition it will be clearly shown on the back of your stateroom door. 

While they now do Virtual Safety Presentation you are required to go to your Muster Station to know where it is and to be checked in physically (scan of SeaPass) after boarding.

Depending on ship you may be able to obtain (not bring one) by making a request to your Stateroom Attendant.   Some of the ships that are based part of the year in the UK have a supply.   I always travel in suites and upper suites have them automatically and in Celebrity Suites I have been able to obtain one (based on availability) by making a request to the Butler.

Thank you so much