excursions

ron746

30 minutes ago, ron746 said:

hi, does anyone know if there are excursions that take you to miami airport after your cruise?

Yes. They should have one to the Everglades, a City Tour that stops at Little Havana and Bayside Marketplace for around 45 min each and possibly one to Dolphin Mall. They all drop you at the airport. I believe your flight needs to be after 2:00 or 3:00 PM to book those.

You may have to call or book those once onboard. They aren’t always listed online. 

Edited by JT1962

7 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Yes. They should have one to the Everglades, a City Tour that stops at Little Havana and Bayside Marketplace for around 45 min each and possibly one to Dolphin Mall. They all drop you at the airport.

Yes, they still offer both of those, but the required flight times are a little later and vary depending on domestic or international.

I'll post again to confirm once the MSC website is behaving as we have the details for those two on our cruise next month...

5 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Yes, they still offer both of those, but the required flight times are a little later and vary depending on domestic or international.

I'll post again to confirm once the MSC website is behaving as we have the details for those two on our cruise next month...

I could be off on the flight times. I have taken the Everglades and City Tour in the past year after MSC Cruises. Domestic flights may have been 3:00 and International 5:00 or 6:00. 

2 hours ago, JT1962 said:

I could be off on the flight times. I have taken the Everglades and City Tour in the past year after MSC Cruises. Domestic flights may have been 3:00 and International 5:00 or 6:00. 

Here we go, I found the one for the Dolphin Mall...

MINI MIAMI TOUR & DOLPHIN MALL: ENDS AT MIA AIRPORT

Add a final treat to the last day of your cruise by making a date with the vibrant city of Miami on this coach-based sightseeing tour, which ends with your transfer to Miami International Airport. Apart from a chance to enjoy views of the splendid Miami Beach, you’ll also get to enjoy some retail therapy at one of Miami’s largest shopping centres: The Dolphin Mall. With more than 240 retail outlets divided into three distinct zones – Playa, Ramblas and Moda – this is the perfect spot to pick up a souvenir.

Please note: this tour is intended for guests disembarking from Miami who are booked on a flight from Miami International Airport departing after 15:30 hours/3:30 pm for domestic flights or after 16:30 hours/4:30 pm for international flights.

• 1 month later...

Hi, has anyone done any of the MSC tours ending at the airpot?

We're considering the Everglades or City Tour (flight is 5pm international).

Did you consider the tour good value for money, any issues etc?

I assume they get you to the airport 2h before for domestic or 3h for international, hence getting off the ship around 8am?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Welshdoc said:

I assume they get you to the airport 2h before for domestic or 3h for international, hence getting off the ship around 8am?

Thanks.

When are you sailing?   We have the Everglades tour booked for the end of May (our international flight is at 18.45).  Here are the tours offered (I found them on my booking on the website;  they weren’t showing on the app)

IMG_8542.thumb.jpeg.d7b2d23fc19a07558537ecf4d53843ff.jpeg

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

When are you sailing?   We have the Everglades tour booked for the end of May (our international flight is at 18.45).  Here are the tours offered (I found them on my booking on the website;  they weren’t showing on the app)

IMG_8542.thumb.jpeg.d7b2d23fc19a07558537ecf4d53843ff.jpeg

Thanks, identical to our selection, we're on 6th April sailing so booking for 13th.

Just now, Welshdoc said:

Thanks, identical to our selection, we're on 6th April sailing so booking for 13th.

There’s a chance that your flight may be too early to allow for the tour.  Be sure to check with the excursion desk.  Also, bear in mind that the tour can be cancelled if there isn’t enough interest/bookings (and you may not be notified til late on the last evening - we’ve experienced this before).  We will be checking out alternatives just in case. 

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

There’s a chance that your flight may be too early to allow for the tour.  Be sure to check with the excursion desk.  Also, bear in mind that the tour can be cancelled if there isn’t enough interest/bookings (and you may not be notified til late on the last evening - we’ve experienced this before).  We will be checking out alternatives just in case. 

Our flight time is ok other than the combined everglades and city tour (the 7.5h one), which would have been ideal. I would be so miffed if we found out a booked tour was cancelled just the night before!

1 hour ago, Welshdoc said:

Thanks.

We did a city tour, but not the one I posted earlier in this thread as that was cancelled the night before we disembarked, but they moved us to the other city tour.

We were happy with it as it included an early stop in Little Havana for coffee and restroom break then moved on to the Bayside Mall for a longer lunch break before heading for the airport.

They got us there by about 1:15pm which given the queues for security worked quite well for our flight which began boarding shortly after 4pm.

15 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

We did a city tour, but not the one I posted earlier in this thread as that was cancelled the night before we disembarked, but they moved us to the other city tour.

Was that agreed to by you?   We’re not interested in the alternative tours, so would just do our own thing on disembarkation day if our booked excursion is cancelled. 

Edited by Beamafar

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Was that agreed to by you?   We’re not interested in the alternative tours, so would just do our own thing on embarkation day if our booked excursion is cancelled. 

Yes, it was entirely our option, they apologised and offered the alternative and slightly more expensive city tour for the same price.

We could have simply accepted a refund on the one we had booked if we wished.

• Thanks 1