Lucha Libre in Cozumel?

ShipMonster

You are in luck.  I attended the Luche Libre with Meet and Greet on Wednesday, January 10th.

What you are basically getting is the ability to watch three luche libre matches is a small arena of maybe 150 seats.  You are right near the ring and it is easy to watch the action close us unlike attending a WWE event in a large arena.  They discuss the lucha libre experience.  Then, they have three matches, two "one on ones" and a tag team match.  After the three matches are over, you have the opportunity to have a private meet and greet with all of the wrestlers, referees and the  other ring personnel.  Do realize that the wrestlers speak only Spanish put the ring announcer will translate for you.  The wrestlers love children and will pose with your children for as long as you want.

In addition, they do have a bar where you can test the local tequilas if that is your thing.

I think that the $70 is a bit pricey BUT maybe you can get your kid in for free. It is a "once in a lifetime" experience/   I also like seeing all of the acrobatic action.

The good part of this is that the arena is located about 1 km from the Porto Maya cruise port so no taxi is required.  It is located at the Barriecito complex which you can identify by the pink statue of a mythical creature out front.

I hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jlawrence01 said:

You are in luck.  I attended the Luche Libre with Meet and Greet on Wednesday, January 10th.

What you are basically getting is the ability to watch three luche libre matches is a small arena of maybe 150 seats.  You are right near the ring and it is easy to watch the action close us unlike attending a WWE event in a large arena.  They discuss the lucha libre experience.  Then, they have three matches, two "one on ones" and a tag team match.  After the three matches are over, you have the opportunity to have a private meet and greet with all of the wrestlers, referees and the  other ring personnel.  Do realize that the wrestlers speak only Spanish put the ring announcer will translate for you.  The wrestlers love children and will pose with your children for as long as you want.

In addition, they do have a bar where you can test the local tequilas if that is your thing.

I think that the $70 is a bit pricey BUT maybe you can get your kid in for free. It is a "once in a lifetime" experience/   I also like seeing all of the acrobatic action.

The good part of this is that the arena is located about 1 km from the Porto Maya cruise port so no taxi is required.  It is located at the Barriecito complex which you can identify by the pink statue of a mythical creature out front.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for first-hand review and confirming location. 

There has been a sudden interest in this venue which seems to have been open over a year. Perhaps it has just become cruise ship excursion? 

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2024 at 7:23 AM, c-leg5 said:

Thanks for first-hand review and confirming location. 

There has been a sudden interest in this venue which seems to have been open over a year. Perhaps it has just become cruise ship excursion? 

We RARELY book cruise ship tours.  I found this through either Get Your Guide or Viator.  They are cheaper and exactly, what does a cruise line add to it?  It is a fifteen minute walk at the most  and it is a very easy walk.

To be honest with you, the walk from the Carnival cruise ship port to DT Cozumel is a 30 minute walk and is very pleasant on cooler days.  However, cabs are readily available.