Port Canaveral to MCO - Quickest Early Morning

LuCruise

For our March cruise returning from Port Canaveral, our airline moved our flight from 2:30pm - 11:15am.  Great we'll get home earlier, but we will need to get ourselves to MCO as quick as we can.  Our plan is to self disembark as early as we can (e.g. heard they let you off around 6:30am).  

Anyone know if taxis are readily available at that hour at Port Canaveral?  Or is uber better?  What's our best option?  Not looking at a shuttle service as that means waiting for others before they leave.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the above. Will look into it.  Do you schedule it beforehand?

It might be handy too for when we arrive at MCO pre-cruise to get to our hotel near the port. 

Anyone know if taxis are readily available or if uber is an option at Port Canaveral?

Edited by LuCruise

15 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for the above. Will look into it.  Do you schedule it beforehand?

It might be handy too for when we arrive at MCO pre-cruise to get to our hotel near the port. 

Anyone know if taxis are readily available or if uber is an option at Port Canaveral?

We actually used them for round trip transportation, and yes you have to schedule it beforehand. I did see many people getting Uber's at Port Canaveral.

30 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

We actually used them for round trip transportation, and yes you have to schedule it beforehand. I did see many people getting Uber's at Port Canaveral.

Thanks.  I guess the biggest challenge is knowing exactly when we would get off...esp if we want to head to the airport as soon as we do.  And on the way there, if our flight is delayed then that's an issue too if a shuttle is waiting.

1 minute ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks.  I guess the biggest challenge is knowing exactly when we would get off...esp if we want to head to the airport as soon as we do.  And on the way there, if our flight is delayed then that's an issue too if a shuttle is waiting.

You actually give all the info to the shuttle company, and they track your flight.. and are in contact with you directly.. the driver texts you. Last year I gave them a guess when we were getting off the ship and the driver text me around that time asking if I was ready.  Call Corey at Cruise Control Transportation, he's the owner and will answer all your questions.  We are using them again in a few weeks.  Very reliable. 

6 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

You actually give all the info to the shuttle company, and they track your flight.. and are in contact with you directly.. the driver texts you. Last year I gave them a guess when we were getting off the ship and the driver text me around that time asking if I was ready.  Call Corey at Cruise Control Transportation, he's the owner and will answer all your questions.  We are using them again in a few weeks.  Very reliable. 

Yep! This x 2 

used CC a few times and would use them again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1