Essiesmom or dmwnc1959, a Favor if Possible

BillB48

A good friend of mine, (back to high school) is the port lecturer on the Emerald Princess and does the Canal narration as well.  The Emerald Princess is calling at Ft. Amador tomorrow the day before the transit.  He will be assisting on the partial transit excursion offered by Princess.  He won't be the narrator but just assisting in keeping all the ducks in a row.  I won't be available tomorrow to get as the excursion vessel goes through Miraflores to get a screen grab.  Best guess is it is the Pacific Queen and possibly a southbound partial, but don't know for sure.  He would like to use it it in his presentation on the partial transit that he will give a couple of days from now.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillB48 said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve actually been watching the Pacific Queen for the last several days, it’s come up on one of the tours that I’m looking at doing next January. Here’s a screen grab I did of her on Sunday with the Tuira II on a southbound tour. I’ll keep an eye out for her tomorrow and take some new screen grabs.

IMG_3427.jpeg

IMG_3428.png

😁

Edited by dmwnc1959

One of the Tuiras is in Gamboa this AM,so maybe that's the excursion vessel and a southbound.  My friend says they have had no word on the vessel or the direction yet even though they are in Ft. Amador docked next to the Ariania.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Here is one from October last year.  Not sure if this is Pacific Queen or one of the Tuiras.

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

Here are the picture profiles for Pacific Queen and the Tuira II

IMG_3095.jpeg

IMG_3096.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

45 minutes ago, BillB48 said:

One of the Tuiras is in Gamboa this AM,so maybe that's the excursion vessel and a southbound.  My friend says they have had no word on the vessel or the direction yet even though they are in Ft. Amador docked next to the Ariania.

If and when you get confirmation on which tour ship they are on please post here and tag both myself and @Essiesmom so that we can be on the lookout for the correct ship. 😁

54 minutes ago, BillB48 said:

IMG_3097.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

At least you wouldn’t be shoveling snow.  It was 25 here this morning (no snow), now up to 45.  EM

We got several inches yesterday, woke up to a low temp of 9°. More snow (4-6”) forecast for Friday. I’m definitely more of a Fall/Winter/Spring guy than I am a summer guy. But I do hate shoving snow! 

@BillB48 if you get a chance, ask your friend how the tour participants got back to the ship. It looks like it instead of docking at the small marina right at the cruise terminal, they docked on the other side of the small island complex.

Route Tuira II took at end of scenic cruise

IMG_3161.jpeg

Pacific Queen in the marina at the cruise port. 

IMG_3163.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

5 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

At least you wouldn’t be shoveling snow.  It was 25 here this morning (no snow), now up to 45.  EM

Oh, but the driveway was just covered with sunshine and it was freezing... 53F!  That is added for our northern friends to feel sorry for us... HA!

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Today it is Pacific Queen, in case your friend could use some more…

And some views of Emerald Princess as she transits from the new locks

LOVE that you got Emerald Princess as she was transiting the channel after exiting the Cocoli Locks!!! 🥰 Superb!