A few questions bout the Crown Princess

Cruise Raider

I had almost forgotten about the 3 day roll call.  Looked at it last night and I have signed up on the spreadsheet.  Agree the smaller one on the 3 day will be nice and so much easier to meet. Will be watching that to make sure I know the time and place she has decided on.  Have been to a few very large M&G's also and you just don't get a chance to meet many people.  They were good but definitely harder to meet many people. 

Looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I was on the Crown last January. She’s really showing her age. We’re going with the Ruby for January 2025. She’s back in SF then. 

Thank you for that advice!  I know I can trust what you say.  
We may just wait until the Ruby is back in SF and fly up to Seattle to go on the Majestic for Alaska this year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Thank you for that advice!  I know I can trust what you say.  
We may just wait until the Ruby is back in SF and fly up to Seattle to go on the Majestic for Alaska this year.  

We had booked the Crown because my sister lives in La Paz and we love Loreto. That 10-day Baja itinerary out of LA is the best. The ports kind of made up for the older ship. It’s not like anything was really terrible, but it was mediocre at best. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

We had booked the Crown because my sister lives in La Paz and we love Loreto. That 10-day Baja itinerary out of LA is the best. The ports kind of made up for the older ship. It’s not like anything was really terrible, but it was mediocre at best. 

After having cruised on the Royal, Majestic and Discovery, it really seems like the Grand and Crown class ships pale in comparison.  I do like the Ruby and Emerald, though.  They seem to have maintained those ships pretty well.  
PS .. I live Loreto as well. 

• Like 1

To us it wasn't that the Crown felt its age so much as the lacking of amenities the other ships like the Discovery, etc. have.  That was our biggest negative on the Crown and any of the sister ships.  We really did miss the venues we have grown to like which are not on these ships.

If they ever upgrade these ships then I may look at them again.

I do want to add this is just our opinion.  I know a lot of people love these ships and I used to, just not anymore.

Edited by Hulagirl
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

A recent (April 2024) reviewer of the Crown Princess seemed to indicate that the Lotus Pool (the adult's only pool by the spa & Sanctuary) has now officially been restricted to Sanctuary guests only and that it is no longer available to everyone (it is a common misconception that this pool is part of the Sanctuary given its location.)

Can anyone who has recently been on the Crown confirm or deny this? With the upcoming rollout of the "Sanctuary Collection" on the Sun Princess, it is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that Princess is making changes to the Sanctuary offering fleet-wide.

We're considering a 31-day cruise on Crown and this pool is one of the best things about this class of ships... I usually use it daily - but I'm certainly not going to book the Sanctuary for 31 days just to swim in this pool.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, bubbaed said:

A recent (April 2024) reviewer of the Crown Princess seemed to indicate that the Lotus Pool (the adult's only pool by the spa & Sanctuary) has now officially been restricted to Sanctuary guests only and that it is no longer available to everyone (it is a common misconception that this pool is part of the Sanctuary given its location.)

Can anyone who has recently been on the Crown confirm or deny this? With the upcoming rollout of the "Sanctuary Collection" on the Sun Princess, it is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that Princess is making changes to the Sanctuary offering fleet-wide.

We're considering a 31-day cruise on Crown and this pool is one of the best things about this class of ships... I usually use it daily - but I'm certainly not going to book the Sanctuary for 31 days just to swim in this pool.

Thanks!

I just got off the Crown yesterday and could have checked on that for you but I still have a coupe of friends onboard, so will ask if they can check that out.  

• Thanks 1