5 night itineraries

Psoque

I just received a direct marketing e-mail from Crystal Cruises about a 5-night Greek Isles/Turkey cruise on Crystal Symphony for this coming April.  Is this a part of a longer cruise.  I know, in the past Crystal has tried to sell unfilled cabins by breaking up a longer cruise into two (or more?).  When I did a quick search, there is another 5-night cruise in the Mediterranean (Monte Carlo to Rome or something like that) in 2025.

This is part of a 17 night cruise from Mumbai to Athens which is meant to be going through the Red Sea and Suez Canal. Bearing in mind that other companies are cancelling their cruises that go Red Sea/Suez because of the risk involved, (MSC has today cancelled cruises and are rerouting 3 ships around the Horn of Africa without passengers) I’m surprised Crystal are marketing something only 9 weeks away that may not happen. Silversea are also cancelling cruises in the same area. On the 15th Jan the US Maritime Administration issued a letter advising ships to avoid the area at present, Hapag Lloyd & Maersk are not going through the Red Sea, and Shell have just announced they are sending their ships around Africa. I think Crystal would be better off telling those of us booked Mumbai to Athens whether we have a cruise or not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

One day flying to Europe, one day flying back, five days on the ship.  Perfect for those who have one week of vacation from work.

In other words, not for me.

I’m not necessarily liking this particular itinerary, but 5 day cruise plus 5 days of land-based vacation might be something we might consider.  However, Crystal is not pricing this 5 night cruise at a reasonable price point.

14 hours ago, Psoque said:

I’m not necessarily liking this particular itinerary, but 5 day cruise plus 5 days of land-based vacation might be something we might consider.  However, Crystal is not pricing this 5 night cruise at a reasonable price point.

Similar to the other 'getaways' they have created from the original 17 night Mumbai to Athens itinerary.  Whilst they do interest me as I live out here so they'd be great for a short getaway, there is no way I'm prepared to pay those prices.  At least when 'old' Crystal split voyages up into shorter segments they pro-rata'd the full voyage fare and didn't price them at a 50% premium!!!!   However, my guess is it is all academic anyway as I doubt very much whether that voyage will actually sail as currently scheduled...

Anne..

17 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

One day flying to Europe, one day flying back, five days on the ship.  Perfect for those who have one week of vacation from work.

In other words, not for me.

Not for you, but perfect for me!!!!  However, I suspect current affairs will intervene and it will be a non-starter anyway!!!

Anne..

3 hours ago, Jayayeff said:

Similar to the other 'getaways' they have created from the original 17 night Mumbai to Athens itinerary.  Whilst they do interest me as I live out here so they'd be great for a short getaway, there is no way I'm prepared to pay those prices.  At least when 'old' Crystal split voyages up into shorter segments they pro-rata'd the full voyage fare and didn't price them at a 50% premium!!!!   However, my guess is it is all academic anyway as I doubt very much whether that voyage will actually sail as currently scheduled...

Anne..

I agree.  It almost looks like this is some sort of an IQ test to see anybody is silly enough to pay more than $700 per diem for such a short cruise on such a short notice, especially when there is a huge question if this will even happen.  Same with the 5 night Rome to Monte Carlo itinerary.  Not sure why this one was created, but it is also overpriced.

10 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Betting this won’t happen as ship most likely to reroute around Africa to Med rather than risk traversing Red Sea. Houthis would love nothing better than a juicy cruise ship to target. 

Maybe this is why those itineraries are called Getaways!