Great cruise; terrible survey

hop2it

I've never heard the 3 day limit from any crew / staff members onboard before.  Everyone always says make sure you complete your survey but I don't recall a single one saying do it right away or within 3 days.  I did have one tell me last year when I was taking his picture as a survey reminder that his contract was over at the end of the cruise so he wouldn't hear about what I said but he thanked me.  I do know that the survey links expire within 2 weeks and it would make sense that anything mentioned during that timeframe would count.  But then the things Princess does these days rarely make sense.

• Thanks 1

Instead of spending the time to fill out a survey that goes to the actual company, and does get read, I think I'm going to spend even more time complaining about the time it takes to fill out the survey on CC, which is the equivalent of yelling out the window and hoping somebody hears me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh68 said:

Instead of spending the time to fill out a survey that goes to the actual company, and does get read, I think I'm going to spend even more time complaining about the time it takes to fill out the survey on CC, which is the equivalent of yelling out the window and hoping somebody hears me.

exactly.

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

Our fares down here are usually a lot higher than yours and it it isn't just the gratuities. Usually way higher than just that.

We also do not have gratuities included when we get the Plus or Premier package for non Aust/NZ cruises. For example we are doing a Norway and Scandinavia cruise in July and we have Plus, however I still pay the auto grats (if I wish to). They are not included in our Plus fares.

I agree that the fares are crazy high. We paid far less for the 24 days from San Francisco to Sydney than we did for the two 14 day segments in Australia and New Zealand. We had Plus and, yes, it did include gratuities. We had a 4 day segment that cost right around half of what we paid for the 24 day segment.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I agree that the fares are crazy high. We paid far less for the 24 days from San Francisco to Sydney than we did for the two 14 day segments in Australia and New Zealand. We had Plus and, yes, it did include gratuities. We had a 4 day segment that cost right around half of what we paid for the 24 day segment.

Respositioning are always cheaper than R/T fares. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dog said:

I’ve started giving input at Guest Services- they have forms and a comment box. Crew have thanked me for the recognition while I am still on board.

This happened on our Christmas cruise on Majestic. I submitted a form praising our wonderful cruise director, and she called me in the cabin to personally thank me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCThunder said:

I've heard that the paper forms are even more valuable than the post cruise survey because it's usually real-time feedback.

Does anyone know whether the paper forms on board and the post-cruise survey go to the same place?  Is the former just for the ship, while the latter for corporate?  Which is more valuable for the crew members?