I’m in shock!

emerald6273

10 hours ago, emerald6273 said:

Think it really helped that the cruise agency management has well established relationships with  Azamara.  

Delighted to read a 'bad news' thread, with a happy ending....well done. You should ask the agency to seek a complimentary upgrade, given the stress Az caused you, although TBF given thread timelines it seems to have been resolved the same day it arose!

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

Luckily, you have landed on your feet.  Azamara had sufficient business at risk with your TA that this was resolved in your favour.  That might not have been the case.

Had you booked your cruise, flights & hotels as a single transaction with a UK travel agency, you would have been fully protected.  In the worst case scenario of a cancellation being forced upon you, everything would have been refunded.

57 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Luckily, you have landed on your feet.  Azamara had sufficient business at risk with your TA that this was resolved in your favour.  That might not have been the case.

Had you booked your cruise, flights & hotels as a single transaction with a UK travel agency, you would have been fully protected.  In the worst case scenario of a cancellation being forced upon you, everything would have been refunded.

I wouldn't describe the outcome as ‘landed on my feet’. Like any Azamara customer I simply wanted to be ‘treated fairly’.

Irrespective of whether I booked through UK or US market, it's the principle of the matter, that when someone books a cruise in good faith, the goal posts shouldn't suddenly move 3 months after they make their reservation. Thank goodness I didn't book a package through a UK travel agency. The US based agency I booked through have done an amazing job for me, and had infrastructure and expertise to deal with the matter expeditiously.