Definitely use a travel agent

emerald6273

I really love the onboard Azamara experience. Staff and service are brilliant. Have enjoyed 5 Azamara cruises to date, and have 5 more planned. My feedback comes from experiencing 7 different cruise lines. After my stressful experience yesterday,  I'm off the opinion that it definitely pays to use a good travel agent/cruise planner where Azamara are concerned. Unfortunately yesterday wasn't an isolated stressful Azamara  ‘administrative’ experience, when my 3 month old reservation suddenly increased in price by 3 times 😳.

Just keep an active eye on your reservation online. I remember my second Azamara reservation suddenly disappeared in 2022, at a time in the early days of Azamara’s new structure. Luckily I noticed, as I actively check my reservations. My US travel agent was straight on the ball, moving really quickly get reservation reinstated. Azamara simply told me there had been a glitch at their end,  and my reservation accidentally deleted. Azamara were so matter of fact about it. It was a full sailing too, so Azamara had to find availability again. Was an anxious 24 hours waiting to hear if they had found a cabin. To add insult Azamara overcharged for the reinstated reservation 🙈. I did get a refund very quickly though for amount overcharged. 

With yesterday’s fiasco I dread to imagine outcome if I had booked direct. US based cruise agency I used were able to fight my corner, achieving a successful outcome in a matter of hours. I'm also cruising in 3 months time from Japan with Azamara ✌️. It's a direct reservation I did on board. I've had lots of issues with OBC disappearing, and amounts changing with regard to that reservation.

Really hope a day comes when  Azamara are on top of their IT issues so we all can avoid these pre cruise stressful issues.

• Like 1

A timely message. I would add though do your research about the genuine leverage the agent you plan to use has. It’s a situation where size certainly can matter and some agents, although efficient, knowledgeable and friendly have very little clout. 
Also check the legal relationship between customers, the agency and the cruise line in the UK (eg who is a credit card payment made to) - it makes a difference if there are issues 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, uktog said:

A timely message. I would add though do your research about the genuine leverage the agent you plan to use has. It’s a situation where size certainly can matter and some agents, although efficient, knowledgeable and friendly have very little clout. 
Also check the legal relationship between customers, the agency and the cruise line in the UK (eg who is a credit card payment made to) - it makes a difference if there are issues 

In my scenario think it really helped that the management structure within the large cruise agency I use have well established relationship with Azamara.  Like a lot of things in life it's the inter agency positive  relationships between people that 'get things done'! I certainly learned that in my previous employment.  

• Like 2