Seashore Yacht Club Muster Station

bac513

There will be a long walk as the muster stations need to be somewhere with easy access to the lifeboats.

Talk to your Butler or the Concierge when you board, if only one person is a cabin has mobility concerns then it is often suggested that the other takes both cards down to the muster station to be scanned.

They will find a workable solution and it is always a good thing to make sure they are aware of those who would need further assistance in the event of a real emergency...

57 minutes ago, bac513 said:

Is there a separate muster station for YC? From deck 19 it could be a long stair walk. What about accommodating disabled folks?

Thanks.

MSC makes accommodations for ALL those that miss the required muster drill embarkation day. Please see info below.

P.S. AND just take the elevators.

MUSTER1.jpeg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.

28 minutes ago, bac513 said:

Thanks.  Trying to remember.  Can you call the phone number early and then beat the crowd downstairs via elevator?

Can we please not spread that around or it will be over crowded and no longer a way to beat the crowds. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

MSC makes accommodations for ALL those that miss the required muster drill embarkation day. Please see info below.

That is true, but people should not plan to miss it as you do not want to be chased around on the following morning for the mandatory 09:30 Theatre attendance...

1 hour ago, LostAtSeaForever said:

Can we please not spread that around or it will be over crowded and no longer a way to beat the crowds. 

I look at this a bit differently. There are only 134 followers of this forum. Out of 5500 per cruise x 52 weeks a year = 286,000; suppose of the 134 that take say 3 cruises each = 402 =.001 % of us get to the muster drill ahead of the rest, is pretty good odds of not many, if all of us did it on this forum every time we cruised MSC. (pardon my run on sentence, but you get the idea.

Reminds me of my favorite toast by poet Robert Burns "Here's to us (CC MSC forum members). And who's better than us ? Damn few, and they're all dead."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bac513 said:

Thanks.  Trying to remember.  Can you call the phone number early and then beat the crowd downstairs via elevator?

Only problem is one has to wait for the pink ball caps to appear at the muster stations around 4 to 4:15. So just sit and have a seat at muster station.

3 hours ago, bac513 said:

You must watch the video IN your room.

and then call.

On a sailing there were YC guests who failed to watch/call etc and have their cards scanned--they had to then do the walk of shame to get it done. The security system and YC Director then knows which cabins have failed to comply

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

On a sailing there were YC guests who failed to watch/call etc and have their cards scanned--they had to then do the walk of shame to get it done. The security system and YC Director then knows which cabins have failed to comply

"I am exercising my right to remain silent and not incriminate myself."

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

"I am exercising my right to remain silent and not incriminate myself."

Always appreciate your posts and humor

• Thanks 1