Major Marine or Kenai Fjords Tours

ihate2cruise

Looking for feedback on these two tour operators. Each offers Room/Tour Combo's. What are the advantages/disadvantages for each?

We will be coming in from Anchorage by train 11:15am tour leaves at 11:30.

Thank you in advance for your time.

All that I can tell you is that we have used Major Marine 4 times and had excellent trips each time.  This is not a negative on Kenai Fjords as we have never used them but a positive on Major Marine.

DON

• Like 2

Difference for cruise and hotel combos - 

Kenai Fjords Tours owns the Windsong Lodge which is out of town and not in walking distance to anything but they have a shuttle.

Major Marine owns Harbor 360 Hotel and Gateway Hotel which are both right in town and walking distance shops, restaurants, etc.

Major Marine is the locally owned company and has new boats on most of the tours, and uses smaller boats on the 8.5 hour. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

All that I can tell you is that we have used Major Marine 4 times and had excellent trips each time.  This is not a negative on Kenai Fjords as we have never used them but a positive on Major Marine.

DON

1 hour ago, Northern Aurora said:

Our favorite vendor is Major Marine -- hands down favorite.  Excellent audio through out their vessels.

47 minutes ago, kjmcneil89 said:

Difference for cruise and hotel combos - 

Kenai Fjords Tours owns the Windsong Lodge which is out of town and not in walking distance to anything but they have a shuttle.

Major Marine owns Harbor 360 Hotel and Gateway Hotel which are both right in town and walking distance shops, restaurants, etc.

Major Marine is the locally owned company and has new boats on most of the tours, and uses smaller boats on the 8.5 hour. 

Thank you all for your feedback.

This is our first trip to Alaska and I'm finding it a little over whelming, because, I usually book cruises well in advance, that way I have plenty of time to research. This is the first cruise we have booked inside of final payment.

I made a reservation for a nights stay at the Harbor 360 Hotel. I will call them to add a boat tour.

On 1/24/2024 at 1:28 PM, ihate2cruise said:

Thank you all for your feedback.

This is our first trip to Alaska and I'm finding it a little over whelming, because, I usually book cruises well in advance, that way I have plenty of time to research. This is the first cruise we have booked inside of final payment.

I made a reservation for a nights stay at the Harbor 360 Hotel. I will call them to add a boat tour.

We are cruising in May and we have booked with Major Marine and spending the night at Harbor 360.  So looking forward to this!

We booked Major Marine 🙂 We scored a 20% discount because we also booked a room at The Harbor 360.

Thank you all for your insight and input, it's most appreciated.

Edited by ihate2cruise
grammer
  • Like 1