Breakfast at LHR T2 Arrivals

If you are seated back with the peasantry, breakfast on a transatlantic flight from New York is likely to be a sticky bun and a pot of yogurt.  This doesn't do it for me, so I typically stop someplace for breakfast after deplaning and collecting my luggage. 

I usually fly into T3 at Heathrow, and have a quite nice breakfast at Giraffe, just past the duty-free at the baggage claim exit.  Now, for the first time, I am flying into T2, and it looks like my breakfast options are Caffe Nero and M&S Simply Food.  The latter, as far as I know, is strictly for takeaway, with no tables and chairs.  Caffe Nero seems to offer self-serve takeaway, sometimes involving warming food in microwaves, and has chairs and tables, but nothing that I've seen suggests that it offers a full English breakfast, or an omelet or other hot entrees. 

Two groundside arrivals lounges do me no good; United's is limited to Business and First, neither of which I am flying, and a more ecumenical one, Plaza Premium, appears to have gone out of business.  There seem to be some restaurants before security on the Departures level, but I'm not sure if any of them serve breakfast, or if I can easily get to them.

Can anyone confirm my beliefs about Caffe Nero and M&S Simply Food, or suggest another place where I can get a substantial breakfast at T2?

Once landslide, pop up to T2 Departures and there's a large pub, The Queen's Arms, which serves breakfast from early morning. https://www.queensarmsheathrow.co.uk

I don't know when you last flew in, but I'm pretty sure the Giraffe landslide at T3 is no more. The only Giraffe listed at LHR is the one airside T5.

11 hours ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

Once landslide, pop up to T2 Departures and there's a large pub, The Queen's Arms, which serves breakfast from early morning. https://www.queensarmsheathrow.co.uk

Thanks for the fast response.  The Queens Arms doesn't show on the official Heathrow T2 map unless it replaced Wetherspoon's Flying Chariot near the check-ins on level 5.  There is a Fuller's London Pride airside after security on level 5.  Or the official maps may just be out of date (I would be shocked, shocked!).

4 minutes ago, rsquare said:

Thanks for the fast response.  The Queens Arms doesn't show on the official Heathrow T2 map unless it replaced Wetherspoon's Flying Chariot near the check-ins on level 5.  There is a Fuller's London Pride airside after security on level 5.  Or the official maps may just be out of date (I would be shocked, shocked!).

The official interactive map does now show the Queen's Arms. Start here - https://maps.heathrow.com/?poiId=1701 - and zoom in on the south end of Level 5.

13 hours ago, rsquare said:

Can anyone confirm my beliefs about Caffe Nero and M&S Simply Food, or suggest another place where I can get a substantial breakfast at T2?

There is a Hilton Garden Inn just outside of T2 (so close that it is named the HGI T2) that is a full service and serves breakfast. I have not had breakfast there (I met someone for drinks at their rooftop bar during a layover which was way nicer than I thought it would be) but might be your best bet for a cooked hot breakfast. 

27 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

There is a Hilton Garden Inn just outside of T2

Good shout, I didn't think of that....

The Queen's Arms has a full breakfast on its menu for £16, which isn't too bad by airport prices, I suppose 😀

5 minutes ago, Cotswold Eagle said:

The Queen's Arms has a full breakfast on its menu for £16, which isn't too bad by airport prices, I suppose 😀

And it's a Fuller's, which ISTR from previous discussions is a pub company that has a reputation for decent pub food.

Thank you all, the Fuller’s pub appears to be occupying the old Flying Chariot space, a short walk from the lifts.  Their breakfast menu on the website is enticing.

I am greatly relieved about having a decent breakfast under my too-ample belt before setting off for Soton, my ultimate destination.

• Like 1