Dining Waitlist Option Not Selected

I want to be on the waitlist for YTD, but when I select it and click save it no longer shows as selected; I tried the same for early dining with the same result.  Does that mean the waitlist is full, or is this a website glitch?

image.png.8e6473b94092ca3ea2bbaeca3bdb8c2e.png

I'm seeing the same thing.  We have a suite which according to Carnival has "Priority dinner reservations & main dining room time assignment".  I'm not really sure what this means as this is our first Carnival cruise.

image.png.38201734c50d8a677210751c315b3e37.png

Just select the YTD waitlist and after some time (just depends) it will eventually show you as having YTD (and off the waitlist).

I've done it that way in the past where initially I'm added to the waitlist for YTD, but end up being completely moved to YTD prior to sailing.

6 hours ago, sabres431 said:

I'm seeing the same thing.  We have a suite which according to Carnival has "Priority dinner reservations & main dining room time assignment".  I'm not really sure what this means as this is our first Carnival cruise.

image.png.38201734c50d8a677210751c315b3e37.png

If there are openings, you're prioritized after Diamonds (who are guaranteed their first choice) and guests who have no priority.  So somewhere in the mix with Platinums and FTTF, likely at least higher than FTTF.

1 hour ago, bg2310 said:

Just select the YTD waitlist and after some time (just depends) it will eventually show you as having YTD (and off the waitlist).

I've done it that way in the past where initially I'm added to the waitlist for YTD, but end up being completely moved to YTD prior to sailing.

Not everyone eventually clears the waitlist, either before sailing or onboard.  Late seating is the least popular, so sometimes people who wanted early seating or YTD get stuck with late seating. 

On 1/26/2024 at 2:54 PM, bg2310 said:

The problem is that is that is doesn't show as selected after saving. So I have no idea if I am on the waitlist or not.

Edited by okcrunner18
Add quote
  • Like 1