Newport RI

MyKoko10

8 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

So sorry to hear that, that was a beautiful walk.  I will make sure I check the Wharfs tours. Thank you

Sections are still walkable. On the northern side there is a detour around the Salve Regina Campus due to some rockslides. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vino100 said:

Does anyone know of private tours to Breakers that pick you up where the tenders are. 
the cruise excursion is sold out. 

Two options:

(1) You can Uber to the Breakers which is 2.5 miles away. A self tour includes the audio tour if you want to spend a lot of time in the mansion.

(2) Just north of Perrotti Park is the Newport Tarvel Trolley Tours in the visitors center which will give you options such as looping around the major mansions and allowing a tour a mansion of your choice. 

Newport Trolley Tour with Breakers Mansion - Viking Tours

Ok, I’m sure TMI and no one will be interested but I’m throwing this out here! I’m very interested in touring Newport and seeing the mansions. I am a widow cruising solo and I’m deaf tho I have a cochlear implant. I hate tenders. Given all that I’m hesitant to go to Newport (just stay on ship) but this is my opportunity. So I feel “safer” booking an excursion with princess so everything is predetermined/preplanned  and I just go with the crowd lol. I have been wanting to book best of Newport. (Princess excursion) bit pricey but worth it. In the meantime “other stuff” got in the way and I finally sat down to book and its  BOGO 50% off 2nd ticket. In actuality you have to buy 2 tickets and it’s 25% off each ticket. Obviously I don’t need 2 tickets. So now I have to pay more for one ticket and ill have a ticket using up space for someone else. This should be I can purchase one ticket at the original price or 2 tickets at the advertised price. I have “live chatted” with 3 agents 3 different times and they can’t seem to understand this. Again you CANNOT purchase one ticket! So I figured I’d wait until sale was over. Well they’ve extended it. I’m afraid it will be sold out so at this point I’m just going to suck it up and pay for 2 tickets. I’m upset about this, 3 agents 3 different times didn’t or wouldn’t understand. I could almost see them shrugging their shoulders saying oh well, that’s the way it is. One actually wrote that! So FYI there’s is BOGO on the website. I guess I’ll also have an extra ticket if anyone wants to buy it! Sorry for the long post but this has been really aggravating. I’ve come to realize it’s not worth the gray hair and I’m going to say to myself: well, that’s the way it is! Peace! 😵‍💫✌️

14 hours ago, slidemaster5 said:

Two options:

(1) You can Uber to the Breakers which is 2.5 miles away. A self tour includes the audio tour if you want to spend a lot of time in the mansion.

(2) Just north of Perrotti Park is the Newport Tarvel Trolley Tours in the visitors center which will give you options such as looping around the major mansions and allowing a tour a mansion of your choice. 

Newport Trolley Tour with Breakers Mansion - Viking Tours

Thanks for the info.