Are power strips or extension cords available on Nieux Amsterdam?

Holland America states they will provide an extension cord or power strip if needed. I just wondered if anyone has had a problem getting Holland America to provide one once on board?

Shoukd I buy one and pack just in case?

I always bring my own extension. After all, I may need it at my pre-cruise hotel! 
Just as long as it doesn't have a surge protector, it is all right to use on the ship. 

They do have a more heavy duty extension cord available, but if you think you need one, then you should request it in advance. 

• Like 1

If you bring a "power strip" be sure to have it checked out onboard by the cabin steward before you use it. The key is NO surge protectors allowed on any power strip.How many items do you need to plug in.

It does seem to be (inconsistent)  policy to unplug items when you are not in the room. Always a surprise when one leaves their camera, etc, charging and then come back and find the steward has unplugged it .... per ship policy. Plan charging time carefully, limited to the times you will be in the cabin should any problems arise.

Painfully this was brought home after a weekend scuba dive boat caught on fire, almost instantly killing all on board. Best explanation was too many devices being charged at the same time on the limited onboard circuits - leading to a very explosive fire. So this is not just a theoretical concern; but a very real one. Failure to have an on duty watch person was also a major issue, who perhaps could have caught this before it became such human tragedy.