Royal Caribbean Pricing

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Royal has a brilliant marketing team. Their loyalty plan is probably the best around, and will make people sail with them. They'll never admit it, but they will gladly pay $5,000 for a mass market cruise to get their few "free drinks" and "discounted balcony."

Isn't it crazy to read everyday on the internet how everything is too expensive and people can't afford to live? Only to see cruising sold out at peak pricing? 

Eh.. I admit, we became more loyal to Royal after reaching D, however we can compare prices and calculate. We don’t pay so much. Also Royal provides so many quality choices from ports where we live … it also goes into equation. 

54 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

The deposits for both are non-refundable, but I was able to reserve the Mardi Gras for $200 versus $1,300 for the Star. Royal definitely wants to make sure you have more skin in the game, and thus less volatility for them

On Royal you can change ship and sail date for a $100pp penalty so moves are still possible for a relatively minor cost. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, nolegirl01 said:

What do you guys think of NCL? I hear a lot of comparisons between RCL and Carnival but what about NCL? I don't think I will ever go on Carnival, not my cup of tea, but even though I love RCL, the prices are getting ridiculous. We've done NCL but only twice a few years ago before covid and we enjoyed it. What are your thoughts on RCL vs NCL, are they more, less or equally as expensive?

We had 9-10 cruises with them. Overall like them.. but I like their 90k ships Jewel and Star class. Newer ships Breakaway and later have horrible pool areas imho. Royal designs ships better. 

Also I cannot understand how NCL runs ships out of NYC area in winter time without indoor pools and solariums. RCI with Quantum class bears them.

We like some NCL itineraries. Our last two with them was Star out of Venice in 2018 and Gem out of Boston in 2019 to Caribbeans. Both featured more ports and better ports than RCI on similar itins.