Amalfi Coast by Motor Launch and Pompeii

livetravelcruise07

We have a Mediterranean cruise coming up in May of 2024 and the Amalfi Coast by Motor Launch and Pompeii just popped up! Has anyone taken this tour?? It's a 9.5 hour tour, it looks great, especially for the price! Is this something we should book for it being our first time in Naples or do something on our own? Thanks for all the help! 🙂 

1 hour ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

We have a Mediterranean cruise coming up in May of 2024 and the Amalfi Coast by Motor Launch and Pompeii just popped up! Has anyone taken this tour?? It's a 9.5 hour tour, it looks great, especially for the price! Is this something we should book for it being our first time in Naples or do something on our own? Thanks for all the help! 🙂 

It is a grat combination and it avoids a lot of traffic. I assume you are getting off in the Amalfi coast towns.

Who offers the tour?

Edited by marazul

1 hour ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

It's through Royal! And it shows an hour in amalfi coast. 

I guess it is just a sail by. Where do you board the boat? Amalfi? What do you do in the remaining 9.5 hours? Pompeii is probably 2 hours for the visit. Add another hour or a little more to get there and then to the boat. Just one hour along the coast.  Curious.

From what I am reading on the description we pick up a boat in Salerno, which is a 45 minute motorcoach drive from the port. Then we get on the boat and take around the Tyrrhenia Seas. Then we end in Amalfi and it shows about an hour in Amalfi. Lunch is after touring Amalfi. Then we head to Pompeii, which I am not sure how far away that is from Amalfi. I wish there were more details on the website about it and I am hoping people who have taken the tour see this as well, because it looks amazing! I just don't want to be sitting a bus half of the time. 

29 minutes ago, livetravelcruise07 said:

From what I am reading on the description we pick up a boat in Salerno, which is a 45 minute motorcoach drive from the port. Then we get on the boat and take around the Tyrrhenia Seas. Then we end in Amalfi and it shows about an hour in Amalfi. Lunch is after touring Amalfi. Then we head to Pompeii, which I am not sure how far away that is from Amalfi. I wish there were more details on the website about it and I am hoping people who have taken the tour see this as well, because it looks amazing! I just don't want to be sitting a bus half of the time. 

Sign up for the tour. You will really enjoy it. I haven't done that tour, but I have been to all those places. That is one of the best ones I have heard about. It avoids the traffic driving the Amalfi coast. The boat ride should take you to the end of the peninsula at least as far as Positano. Maybe have a distant view of Capri.  

• Like 1