Spa area on Riviera

Robb

I was also wondering about spa access as the wording seems a bit unclear.  I take it to mean all passengers can use the steam room/sauna/showers and lockers at no charge. I also believe the thermal beds/loungers are also available on a first come first served basis (They were on Carnival several years ago)

I think the only things that requires a a higher level fare or extra payment is possibly a spa relaxation area (if they have one).   

Obviously any treatment (massage/facial etc..) that involves an attendant is at extra charge and needs to be booked.

Hopefully someone can update us from recent experience on the Riviera.

• Like 1

O ships have a foredeck called the "Spa Terrace" with some mix of hot tubs, thermal loungers, saltwater lap pool, etc, and not available to Cat B and below pax without a day pass.  But when I was on Regatta, the access door cardreaders had been removed, and I'm told that is the case on all of the ‘O’-class ships.

43 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

O ships have a foredeck called the "Spa Terrace" with some mix of hot tubs, thermal loungers, saltwater lap pool, etc, and not available to Cat B and below pax without a day pass.  But when I was on Regatta, the access door cardreaders had been removed, and I'm told that is the case on all of the ‘O’-class ships.

Nope, not removed on O class. Not sure what was going on with Regatta but OCA mentioned in her talk that it’s available for an extra charge. If it was available to you and other’s on Regatta then it was a bonus. Did anyone or Currents mention that it was open to all or is that assumed because the lock didn’t work?  FWIW the lock on Regatta wasn’t working in September of 22. 

4 hours ago, thebsinmiss said:

I take it to mean all passengers can use the steam room/sauna/showers and lockers at no charge.

You are correct.

4 hours ago, thebsinmiss said:

. I also believe the thermal beds/loungers are also available on a first come first served basis

Correct, but they are in the general access area on O-ships, and the access controlled area (spa deck) and the A-ships. None on R-ships if I recall.

Not exactly silly as the Spa Terrace is an Amenity that is available to ALL but is Included in the fare for Concierge Level Veranda staterooms and above.  All other guests can access the area for a Fee of $25 a day as I recall. If you like to use that area, it can be a good reason to book an A Concierge room versus a B or lower room. It is how your needs equate to Value and the level of room you prefer. We really enjoy our Spa Terrace time so, “Happy Wife, Happy Life”. 
Go and Enjoy,

Mauibabes 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Did anyone or Currents [on Regatta] mention that it was open to all or is that assumed because the lock didn’t work?

No mention one way or another in Currents.  Not a busted lock, no lock (the door forward from the gym was a vanilla glass door and I'd have noticed).  No "get your day pass" or "restricted" signs.

We were aware there was someplace called the Spa Terrace, but there was no indication that the little foredeck with hot tub and deck loungers was it -- we were O newbies in Concierge and kept looking for it during our first-day explorations.

Since our voyage, the topic came up in another CC thread, and there was a "Yeah, they removed the locks all the ‘O’-class ships a while back" reply.  Frankly, if we'd plopped down $25 for access, we'd have not thought it money well spent.