Favourite Oceania excursions in Portugal

daydreamer62

Currently I haven't booked excursions in Lisbon or Porto and I may not as I'm very experienced with independent travel but I'm interested in any Oceania excursions that you really loved in either if those cites. I'm not interested in being told to go to Viator or local tours with locals or other booking agent type sites like that.  I just want to know about any Oceania excursions you have loved

No Oceania tour needed in either Oporto or Lisbon, but we did take an all day one in Portimao  (sp) that was very nice. We went out to the very SW corner of Europe and the scenery and other attractions were nice. Not sure if your cruise goes there or not.

37 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

No Oceania tour needed in either Oporto or Lisbon, but we did take an all day one in Portimao  (sp) that was very nice. We went out to the very SW corner of Europe and the scenery and other attractions were nice. Not sure if your cruise goes there or not.

Yes it does. I've booked an excursion to Lagos and Carvoiera on that day but I have plenty of time to change. Currently I'm leaning to renting a tuktuk in Lisbon ( we are there in st Anthonys day  public holiday/festival so it might be harder to get around than normal. Porto probably just DYI wandering but if there is a great excursion I'm open to it as it time in port there is more limited as we leave quite early  at 4pm 

23 hours ago, daydreamer62 said:

Currently I haven't booked excursions in Lisbon or Porto and I may not as I'm very experienced with independent travel but I'm interested in any Oceania excursions that you really loved in either if those cites. I'm not interested in being told to go to Viator or local tours with locals or other booking agent type sites like that.  I just want to know about any Oceania excursions you have loved

We took the tuk-tuk tour with Oceania. Very enjoyable, would highly recommend. 

• Like 1

We have an apartment in the Lagos (law-GOOSH) Marina and have got to know the Algarve area of Portugal pretty well over the past 15 years.  Lagos is a wonderful town with pleasant people, scenery and atmosphere.  Very convenient wooden boardwalks have been recently completed to visit the spectacular cliffs (Ponta de Piedade aka Lighthouse Point) and Meia Praia (aka Middle Beach) which is a 5km long pristine sand beach.  Cabs are inexpensive and plentiful.  Portimao (15 minute drive to the east) is a pale comparison to Lagos.  Sagres (45 min to the west) is at the southwest corner of Portugal and also very scenic.  Lots of good restaurants for fish lovers.

For a day visit to Lisbon or Porto a short cab ride to the town centres would be advisable.  Just wander around and let the ambiance seep in.  If you enjoy port wine a visit to one or more cellars along the West Bank of the Douro River in Porto is really nice for a tour and tasting.

• Like 2

For those having not gone to Lisbon, the port runs a shuttle bus from the ship to downtown Lisbon. The drop off spot is a half block from the train station where you can easily and cheaply go to Sintra for the day. You don’t need cabs or expensive bus trips to go there. If Sintra isn’t on your list ( it should be), then you are in the heart of Lisbon with plenty of exploring to do.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 10:38 PM, Brentwood Bay said:

We have an apartment in the Lagos (law-GOOSH) Marina and have got to know the Algarve area of Portugal pretty well over the past 15 years.  Lagos is a wonderful town with pleasant people, scenery and atmosphere.  Very convenient wooden boardwalks have been recently completed to visit the spectacular cliffs (Ponta de Piedade aka Lighthouse Point) and Meia Praia (aka Middle Beach) which is a 5km long pristine sand beach.  Cabs are inexpensive and plentiful.  Portimao (15 minute drive to the east) is a pale comparison to Lagos.  Sagres (45 min to the west) is at the southwest corner of Portugal and also very scenic.  Lots of good restaurants for fish lovers.

For a day visit to Lisbon or Porto a short cab ride to the town centres would be advisable.  Just wander around and let the ambiance seep in.  If you enjoy port wine a visit to one or more cellars along the West Bank of the Douro River in Porto is really nice for a tour and tasting.

You are making me so excited to return to Portugal by TA, renting a car and staying for a week+ in Lagos/Algarve in 2025, also our first Oceania cruise.  I just want to relax, view gorgeous areas and enjoy the culture.  This seems like the perfect place!  We have been avid fans of everything Italy and Greece, but the extreme crowdedness has sent us to other beautiful places to visit...Algarve for one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

You are making me so excited to return to Portugal by TA, renting a car and staying for a week+ in Lagos/Algarve in 2025, also our first Oceania cruise.  I just want to relax, view gorgeous areas and enjoy the culture.  This seems like the perfect place!  We have been avid fans of everything Italy and Greece, but the extreme crowdedness has sent us to other beautiful places to visit...Algarve for one!

so sad that this cruise just today got cancelled but i wont take Portugal off my must visit list - maybe next year..... We have just rebooked Trieste to Athens on Vista instead - this cruise also has a few great sights to see ( some we have been to before but warrant a second visit)