Thoughts on Boardwalk Balcony Cabins

You're going to get some that love them, and some that are not fans.  We have been on them twice (Symphony and Oasis) and really enjoy them.  Both times we were pretty centered (deck 9 or 10 and mid way down).  They are fun to go out on the balcony and people watch, gives you fresh air, you can see the water in the background.  Also a bonus...We saw the Aqua show on reservation, but it let us see parts again from our balcony. (Wouldn't see it here for the one and only time).

For noise we had different experiences.  For the first one on Symphony, it was the movies that were more the issue as they played late and were loud.  For the second one on Oasis, it was the Aqua show.  Either way though, it wasn't an issue for us.  I had ear plugs myself but the rest in my group didn't and they were fine. 

We would have no issue booking again since as you say the price is better than a regular balcony.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sonic2012 said:

There’s a video on YouTube of 8329 and the view if you search for it. I think you just have to stand to see the Aqua show. I won’t know until later this year.

That was our cabin. 🙂 You can see the show sitting down but you're looking through the glass. I took turns standing by the railing for my favorite parts and sitting down in between.

19 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Here's 10329 on Harmony. It is very clear that you cannot easily enjoy the Aqua show from this final balcony (imagine even the 2nd or 3rd balcony back), and the slide is very much in your way. Also note the solid divider (rock wall) that you cannot see through. Also note that unless you are standing at the railing, you cannot see the show... you cannot sit in your chair to view the show 

19 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

And here's 11727 & 11729 on Symphony (just last January)

Perfect illustrations of an important point! If you book Boardwalk balconies largely for Aqua Theater purposes (like we do), the deck really does matter. We always choose the furthest aft on deck 8.

Unless you're on the Allure, of course, which doesn't have an Abyss in the way (for now). 🙂

About to cruise Oasis class Boardwalk view balcony for 5th time. One other benefit to mention, deck 8 gives you quick access to Dazzles & Central Park / Cafe / Trellis bar / Pay restaurants, WITHOUT Elevator! For me, if you remove 4-6 trips on elevator or to the Windjammer, is a huge win on these ships.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chart135 said:

About to cruise Oasis class Boardwalk view balcony for 5th time. One other benefit to mention, deck 8 gives you quick access to Dazzles & Central Park / Cafe / Trellis bar / Pay restaurants, WITHOUT Elevator! For me, if you remove 4-6 trips on elevator or to the Windjammer, is a huge win on these ships.

That's why we loved ours on deck 9....walked right over to Music hall every night, which was the 2nd floor of the venue, and we loved it up there. Not as crowded, pool table, and great view of the stage from above. We ended almost every night there so we could just wander back to the room down the hall when we were done. 

• Like 1