Carnival Repositioning Cruise

Jemery

DW and I are considering a  Pacific repositioning cruise with Carnival.  Our last long, out of the Caribbean Carnival cruise (2012) was a disaster, but in fairness, our subsequent Carnival cruises in the Caribbean have been fine.  If it weren't for that last long cruise with them that went badly, we would have booked already, so here is the question.  We have gone on several repositioning cruises with Holland America and we love them, so we know about the extra sea days; how are repositioning cruises with Carnival?    Are on board activities similar to Caribbean or do they change?  How are the shows and comics?  What are the on board demographics?  Thanks. 

-John

Lots of gray hair and bald heads, lots of plays and diamonds.  Lots of trivia, games, etc.  I’ve only done one repo on Carnival, a TA on Dream, and the one thing I missed from Princess and HAL was enrichment lecturers.  EM

3 hours ago, Jemery said:

We have gone on several repositioning cruises with Holland America and we love them, so we know about the extra sea days; how are repositioning cruises with Carnival?    Are on board activities similar to Caribbean or do they change?  How are the shows and comics?  What are the on board demographics?  Thanks. 

We have done several repositioning cruises w/Carnival (they are our favorite)!  The ones we have done have been on Spirit class ships, which we really like.  They are smaller with not as much to do, but they have a great layout and never feel crowded.  In our experience, it's a much older crowd than we usually see on Carnival (last year we did 16 days through the Panama Canal and there were less than 20 kids on ship).  I didn't feel the same party vibe I usually do on a Carnival ship (in fact it was the most empty I've ever seen the bars).  People seemed to be there more for the itenerary/experience.

I thought the shows and comedians were great (comedians rotated on/off the ship throughout the journey).  There were also experts on board who held presentations.  Our ship offered a lot of activities (there was a frequent painting class that was really popular).  I've also done the Panama Canal on a HAL ship and it was very similar (the crowed was probably a bit younger on Carnival but not much!).

We've done three Transatlantic cruises with Carnival and have another one booked for next year, we love them. Definitely an older crowd than usual, very few kids on these cruises. Plenty of activities throughout the cruise including lectures and classes. A lot more variation in night time entertainment, it's far from sedate, it's still onboard a fun ship but it's definitely not a three day Caribbean booze cruise vibe.