Pride of America theme night parties

Hi all - for POA Hawaiian cruise, I’ve read about a white night, neon night and 80s night. Can anyone verify if these were on your cruise and if so, did anyone dress for the theme?

Is there any music/dancing on this boat? 

Thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CroozeNoob said:

I am going to bump this, except I am doing the Sky.

Welcome to CC too.

Probably best to do separate thread as POA unique ship and entertainment.

Sky, other than being Pride of Aloha in mid 2000s for a few years, will not be like POA for activities.

• Like 1

well, regardless of the ship, we can report that there is no "white" party.

it has been replaced by a "glow" party, during which people are generally given glow or LED bracelets and necklaces to wear, although youcan certainly bring your own.

there is often an 80s night in one of the lounges. but i have not seen anybody dress up like madonna, duran duran or michael jackson.

• Haha 1

Lol! Thank you all! I probably knew better than to ask. I’ve only been on Royal Caribbean cruises, and wasn’t sure what to expect from Norwegian. It’s likely I’ll be too pooped to do much more than sleep after full days on the islands. 

22 hours ago, ShipawayAtx said:

Lol! Thank you all! I probably knew better than to ask. I’ve only been on Royal Caribbean cruises, and wasn’t sure what to expect from Norwegian. It’s likely I’ll be too pooped to do much more than sleep after full days on the islands. 

Right, not a lot of discussion about POA entertainment as a lot of folks tired from busy day on land.

Note the buffet has a stone oven that makes some good pizza.  It is port side in the front as you walk from the bar aft.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Following - love the theme nights. Never cruised with Norwegian mostly on virgin or other 'full ship takeovers"  on other lines booked end of Aug 1st week of September thinking most kids back in school. Generally prefer adults only cruises, but want to assure any themeware we may bring is appropriate 

Edited by PATandDeb

On 2/10/2024 at 9:54 AM, ShipawayAtx said:

Hi all - for POA Hawaiian cruise, I’ve read about a white night, neon night and 80s night. Can anyone verify if these were on your cruise and if so, did anyone dress for the theme?

Is there any music/dancing on this boat? 

Thank you!

We just sailed in February and I can confirm that were was a glow/white night party on the same night.  I don't remember if there were other theme nights.  Since we were so busy on the islands all day, the evenings were a blur. 🙂 There was quite a bit of music and live bands to listen to which we enjoyed.

• Like 1