Price list for wine and cocktails on Princess Aust cruises

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks, Geoff. We were wondering what those were. 

We already have favourite martinis so don't care what these new ones are, besides they are well outside our budget. I don't mind (too much) paying extra to buy decent wines by the bottle but draw the line at overpriced martinis!

A bit of digging online. Princess socials show these as being launched in early December, and available fleetwide. If you search for I Love this Martini ...

But definitely not on Coral - yet.

20 minutes ago, CountessCookie said:

So any particular recommendations of the cocktail and Martini lists?

What is your preference for spirits?

I am happy to drink old fashioned's from bourbon or southo, then switch to Belvedere 007 dirty martinis for pre-dinner and Milky Way or espresso martinis for afters.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Only under the Premier package, the Plus wines are the same-old rubbish.

Yep.

Although Barb prefers the plus Rose to the Italian Rosetta we had with dinner. I can't say I was a fan of it either.

1 hour ago, CountessCookie said:

So any particular recommendations of the cocktail and Martini lists?

Pre-dinner - Classic Martini (either gin or vodka), Lemontini (also known as Lemon Drop Martini), Negroni, Italian Sunset. Also check the Good Spirits bar special list, there are a few on there that are interesting including the Butterfly 

After dinner - Milky Way, Baileys on ice,  Cognac, Dom Benedictine, or an Amaro (Italian herbal liqueur) if they have any.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yep.

Although Barb prefers the plus Rose to the Italian Rosetta we had with dinner. I can't say I was a fan of it either.

The Plus rose is one of the few decent wines on that list but it gets a bit boring when I end up having it every night because I can't stand either of the white wines they offer.

On 2/28/2024 at 11:43 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Plus rose is one of the few decent wines on that list but it gets a bit boring when I end up having it every night because I can't stand either of the white wines they offer.

Do they have any New Zealand whites? 

No NZ wines at all, as far as I know.  Those de Bortoli Willowglen wines are the bottom of the heap. They sell in Australia for about $A7 per bottle, compared to the $59 that the ship is charging.

25 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

No NZ wines at all, as far as I know.  Those de Bortoli Willowglen wines are the bottom of the heap. They sell in Australia for about $A7 per bottle, compared to the $59 that the ship is charging.

Oh wow I didn’t realise that! We e just booked the world cruise next year out of Auckland and are trying to decide if the plus package fare is worth it or not. At the moment we’ve booked just the regular fare. I think id rather have a gin or something than a poor wine. Don’t get me wrong we happily drink $10 to $20 bottle wines here in nz. Hmmm I’ll have to give it more thought 

35 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

Do they have any New Zealand whites? 

There might still be an NZ Sauvignon Blanc on the Premium list but my photos are from last year. There are some NZ wines by the bottle and you do get 25% off bottle purchases if you have Plus or Premium. 

29 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

But more commonly found in cask form at $20-22 for four litres. They usually only bottle those wines to sell to function centres and (now) cruise lines.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

I think id rather have a gin or something than a poor wine. Don’t get me wrong we happily drink $10 to $20 bottle wines here in nz. Hmmm I’ll have to give it more thought 

Yes the Princess wine selections are horrible.  The Plus package gives you some better choices, but it is a lot of money for what you get.  You'll be paying at least $50 per bottle for some very ordinary wines if you decide to just pay as you go, and wines by the glass are absolutely restrictive in quality.

Edited by cruiser3775

2 minutes ago, Jensue9 said:

Oh wow I didn’t realise that! We e just booked the world cruise next year out of Auckland and are trying to decide if the plus package fare is worth it or not. At the moment we’ve booked just the regular fare. I think id rather have a gin or something than a poor wine. Don’t get me wrong we happily drink $10 to $20 bottle wines here in nz. Hmmm I’ll have to give it more thought 

It really depends on what other drinks you have ie coffee, bottled water, cocktails, beers, spirits or liqueurs.

Also remember the Plus package also includes internet which has just gone up in price. Sorry but I'm not sure what the new price is but that reduces the drinks daily value of the package. 

Since the package gives you 25% off the price of wines by the bottle we've just budgeted to buy a bottle of wine per day for our upcoming world cruise. There are some very interesting wines on the bottle list that are reasonably priced after the discount - compared to restaurant wine prices not bottle store prices. 

So do the sums and work out what would give you the best deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It really depends on what other drinks you have ie coffee, bottled water, cocktails, beers, spirits or liqueurs.

Also remember the Plus package also includes internet which has just gone up in price. Sorry but I'm not sure what the new price is but that reduces the drinks daily value of the package. 

Since the package gives you 25% off the price of wines by the bottle we've just budgeted to buy a bottle of wine per day for our upcoming world cruise. There are some very interesting wines on the bottle list that are reasonably priced after the discount - compared to restaurant wine prices not bottle store prices. 

So do the sums and work out what would give you the best deal.

Thank you, you raise some good points. We definitely want to have one of us online for the cruise. If it was just a 10 night cruise we wouldn’t hesitate to do the plus package but when it’s 113 night cruise, that’s quite a bit. We do drink coffees every day and enjoy the odd cocktail or g and t but not big drinkers. Thanks again.