Price list for wine and cocktails on Princess Aust cruises

Can anyone give me an idea what the current cost is for alcohol on board Aust cruises with Princess ie for example for cocktails. mixed drinks and also wine in the MDR. Trying to do sums to work out if Plus package worth it for a short cruise. Any snapshots of menus welcome 🙂

I don't have a price list but last week on Coral a glass of wine started at $14, beer $10.50  & cocktails about $16. We did have the plus package  & even though I'm not a big drinker...5 drinks most on one day, I think it's worth it with water coffees & wifi.

41 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

I don't have a price list but last week on Coral a glass of wine started at $14, beer $10.50  & cocktails about $16. We did have the plus package  & even though I'm not a big drinker...5 drinks most on one day, I think it's worth it with water coffees & wifi.

Am coming to that conclusion myself. Now of course since I have decided to upgrade they are having technical problems putting the package on my booking -sigh

4 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Am coming to that conclusion myself. Now of course since I have decided to upgrade they are having technical problems putting the package on my booking -sigh

Hopefully you can get it sorted.

These are screen caps from November. I am interested to compare again next week to see how much of a difference. Wine by glass is showing some of the higher priced ones, as we had premier package. 

As posted above, it appears $12 wines are now $14

Screenshot_20230226_113453_Princess.thumb.jpg.6476659f80193f63d3fbb66f6a83cddf.jpgScreenshot_20230226_113503_Princess.thumb.jpg.f79d20cda59ea471cbed75219c030c7f.jpgScreenshot_20230226_113517_Princess.thumb.jpg.5c4d67aec7e6240306b9ed31ef71ce61.jpg

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

Some cocktails

Screenshot_20230226_112850_Princess.thumb.jpg.4c071d3834f239953f4dfd678e997844.jpgScreenshot_20230226_112903_Princess.thumb.jpg.1c50a3141d20042da2c6fbeac4c835cb.jpgScreenshot_20230226_113227_Princess.thumb.jpg.eda8ef5042134a5fe7bb69d1bad0393b.jpg

Thank you so much for these. I'll be booking a princess cruise soon and been unsure what sort of package to go with for cocktails (I can find discussions on wine, but that is less important to me). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CountessCookie said:

Thank you so much for these. I'll be booking a princess cruise soon and been unsure what sort of package to go with for cocktails (I can find discussions on wine, but that is less important to me). 

There is not great value in wine, as all the ones included in the package are cheap & cheerful. Very generic & easy to drink, but pretty boring.

There are dozens more. Rather than post now, I will get some up to date ones. The packages cater for martinis much better than wine, so that keeps us happy.

Edited by arxcards

1 hour ago, lorri111 said:

Definitely looking forward to exploring the world of cocktails now!

Almost all the cocktails are covered by the Plus package and if you choose one that is over the Plus limit you just pay the difference, which works out a lot cheaper than getting the more expensive package.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2024 at 11:23 AM, arxcards said:

There is not great value in wine, as all the ones included in the package are cheap & cheerful. Very generic & easy to drink, but pretty boring.

There are dozens more. Rather than post now, I will get some up to date ones. The packages cater for martinis much better than wine, so that keeps us happy.

De Bertoli? And nothing from Marlborough wines. Looks like next year's Princess cruise to Japan will be spirits or cocktails. Which is fine, but I do like a wine with dinner.

3 hours ago, willsaway said:

De Bertoli? And nothing from Marlborough wines. Looks like next year's Princess cruise to Japan will be spirits or cocktails. Which is fine, but I do like a wine with dinner.

Plus package doesn't favour wine drinkers. That is just the by the glass stuff - cheap & cheerful. There is more choice by the bottle, but you are paying for that. I also have no recollection as to what regions are represented. There is a thread from a year or so back with the full wine list of the day.

You can also bring your finest from home - 2 bottles for cabin consumption, then as many as you like for dinner with corkage paid per bottle. Dinner martinis for us.

10 hours ago, willsaway said:

Last November on Coral we bought a bottle of a very nice NZ Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc wine from the dining room, I can't remember which one it was, but it was a respectable one.  However it wasn't cheap, $61 or $62 - we had a generous amount of OBC so didn't mind the cost.

I only drink wine and have the plus package on one cruise……what price is the drink limit? Also ours is the old plus package if that makes any difference.

Edited by resordanis

14 hours ago, willsaway said:

We've resorted to buying wine by the bottle with the Plus 25% discount. At least that way we get wines we like. 

There is a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc on the Premier list and it's only $1 over the Plus limit so that's all you pay extra per glass. 

@OzKiwiJJthank you, you can hear my sigh of relief. I can handle $1 a time. It's not that deBetoli is a bad vineyard, and many moons ago I purchased it by the good old cask, but several decades later, its a whole other story. 

50 minutes ago, willsaway said:

@OzKiwiJJthank you, you can hear my sigh of relief. I can handle $1 a time. It's not that deBetoli is a bad vineyard, and many moons ago I purchased it by the good old cask, but several decades later, its a whole other story. 

It's not just the quality of the wines by the glass that annoy me, it's the very limited selection. I can't drink most sauvignon blancs as they affect my reflux problem. I dislike young oaky chardonnays. I can't drink most cabernet sauvignons either, as that grape variety gives me headaches. That doesn't leave me much to choose from on the Plus list which is why we now budget for bottles of wine. We still get good value from Plus as we enjoy cocktails, after dinner drinks, coffees and bottled water, plus the internet of course - must have my daily Wordle fix!

1 hour ago, willsaway said:

I remember those De Bortolli casks, that was some ways back! They were great value and I still think their current wines are good value at their price as quaffers!

1 hour ago, willsaway said:

17 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's not just the quality of the wines by the glass that annoy me, it's the very limited selection. I can't drink most sauvignon blancs as they affect my reflux problem. I dislike young oaky chardonnays. I can't drink most cabernet sauvignons either, as that grape variety gives me headaches. That doesn't leave me much to choose from on the Plus list which is why we now budget for bottles of wine. We still get good value from Plus as we enjoy cocktails, after dinner drinks, coffees and bottled water, plus the internet of course - must have my daily Wordle fix!

Yep, gotta do Wordle every day!

25 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I remember those De Bortolli casks, that was some ways back! They were great value and I still think their current wines are good value at their price as quaffers!

You can still get them, about $20 for four litres. Princess is charging $16 for a 150ml glass. 🤬

13 hours ago, resordanis said:

I only drink wine and have the plus package on one cruise……what price is the drink limit? Also ours is the old plus package if that makes any difference.

The older version of plus is entitled to the same drinks as the current version and the same capping. The wine by the glass was capped, per the menus above, at $12 last year. I believe they are pretty much the same wines but have gone up to $14 per glass and cap raised to $14 as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

The older version of plus is entitled to the same drinks as the current version and the same capping. The wine by the glass was capped, per the menus above, at $12 last year. I believe they are pretty much the same wines but have gone up to $14 per glass and cap raised to $14 as well.

That's on the USD cruises. The Australian price limits are now $22 for Plus (regardless of which version of plus you have) and $30 for Premier I think.

• Like 1