Latam airlines questions

compozer

We are on a Celebrity cruise and will be flying from Buenos Aires to Lima on Latam airlines.   We booked through Delta airlines and they partner with them.  We booked Business class test we have premium seats on Latam.   I have tried for months to get seat assignments but no luck.  There are several single seats that look opened but says they can not be assigned.   So, number one, I hope we have seats.

Then my second question is about our luggage.   They say only one bag.  We get two free bags with Delta and they can be 70 pounds each.   
Does Latam honor Delta’s rules or will we have to pay for extra bags,   And then it sounds like the have carry on restrictions.  We each have a carry on plus backpack.   Will we be allowed to take both on board??

Also, will we have to pick up our bags and go through customs or will our bags go straight through.   We are on the ship now so I am unable to call Delta.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.   Thanks so much

Hi, we did business class flight with Latam from Buenos Aires to Lima and then onward to Miami on January 20th this year.  I too could not choose seats on this leg (only) but they were assigned when the boarding passes were issued.  The premium seats assigned just had the middle seat of 3 vacant but no different to economy otherwise. 

We did have 2 checked-in bags each as per our business class allowance on the 2nd leg and bags were booked through to Miami.  This was from the regional airport (AEP) not EZE.

We had an overnight stopover in Lima and stayed in the Wyndham which was fine.

I hope this helps

Catherine

Wow, thanks for the fast reply.   I looked up seat layouts on seat guru and only found them with 3 seats for the airbus A320.  - like you said - no different from economy.   That did not make me happy.   BUT looking at my account with Delta, when I go to seat selection , it shows only 2 seats on each side.

i am hoping that is the case.   and not three seats.  I have leg issues and can not handle the middle seat especially for 5 hours.  that is a long flight.   And I will be very unhappy to spend half of my business class flight that I paid more for then the 2 week cruise.

i guess there is nothing we can do. 

At least you said they honor Delta’s baggage allowance. 

oh,  what about carry ons

will we be able to take a wheeled carry on plus a backpack?

thanks again.

We each had a carry on bag and small backpack.  I must admit it wasn’t the most comfortable flight I’ve been on, as although the middle seat (of 3) is not assigned, the arms were fixed so there was no benefit from this arrangement.

What is your flight number.  We were on LA2381.

Catherine

Thanks Catherine,   Our flight is DL6086.

i found another flight leavening EZE a couple hours later direct to Atlanta.   I messaged Delta - still out at sea so could not call.   At first I thought he could get it changed.   we would not be able to sit close to each other.  But then he said I needed to call the travel agency - that would be Celebrity.  I could go down to the desk and see if anyone on board could help us but this guy said he would transfer me to ticketing support.

i guess I would prefer two connections rather than three.

i should have jumped on this as soon as I saw it but celebrity does things differently than other cruise lines - to change a flight you have to call them and they only give you two choices.  I am use to Princess where you can go online and change your flights anytime.

Sandy

If you want seat assignments on LATAM, then call LATAM. Similar to you, I booked LATAM flights using Alaska miles. I had to call LATAM to get seat assignments.

LATAM business class in 787s is very nice and spacious 

Edited by Mercruiser

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2024 at 5:27 PM, compozer said:

I am working on changing the flight.  Skipping Lima and flying direct to Atlanta.

thanks again.

We recently did the same. We are on the Sapphire right now, were reserved on  EZE/LIM/ATL, was very tight connection in Lima of only 1.5 hrs. Delta made

changes and made it even shorter. They have a good policy that changes can be made without additional charge if times are altered. Fortunately there was room on a non-stop EZE-ATL. We are thrilled! 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 6:28 PM, Mercruiser said:

If you want seat assignments on LATAM, then call LATAM. Similar to you, I booked LATAM flights using Alaska miles. I had to call LATAM to get seat assignments.

LATAM business class in 787s is very nice and spacious 

We too were routed on Latam GRU-SCL. Could not get seats on Delta site, went to Messenger, typed in Latam.com, got someone in a short period of time, got the seats I requested,  done within 5 min. Refreshing! 
And yes, the BClass seats are incredibly comfy and plenty of room in Business cabin. We didn’t have any of the Flight Attendants with good knowledge of English but we muddled through. That was the only downer but guess I shouldn’t be an “ugly American.”