Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

3 hours ago, Riles34 said:

How bad are the seas? I was reading that a lot of people have been mad about the entire cruise, weather and the seas tossing the ship around (can't do anything about it). 

Also heard that one guy on deck one is confined to his room because he said "this ship is rocking and rolling so much that I might go overboard". Someone took it that he was going to jump overboard and now security is outside his room for the duration of the cruise. 

This seems to be a wild cruise for some!

I’ve had worse. But worse like for one day. Last day of the 2022 Glory sailabration cruise when the lady fell off of her barstool in the atrium.  

Over the course of a 7-day cruise this may be the worst. 

One of the bartenders told me Bimini has been a sea day for this ship for two months. So they could give you a heads up that it may not happen. The crew expected it. But they won’t tell us. They want to give the impression they had no idea. 

But I haven’t been on a ship the size or smaller in 7 years and I rarely feel movement on Dream class or larger. 

The only thing I heard about deck one was someone was confined there and debarked in Freeport. Don’t think I heard why. I definitely posted about it here so it may be I n here somewhere.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8

I don’t usually do this but I think I’m going to try to request a dining team tonight. This one was great last night. Post-Covid a lot of the carnival dining teams just don’t give a darn. You order three things off the appetizer menu they bring them all at once. This team. Brought them individually as I finished them..Like it’s supposed to be. Never waited. Even during showtime.

IMG_4117.jpeg

• Like 22

Wow. I could’ve won that. Even with me coming in after missing 8 questions I could’ve placed high. The winner had 16/20.

I wouldn’t have know what sex in the city star played Jerry’s girlfriend in an episode. That’s not really Seinfeld trivia. I never watched sex in the city. So now for Seinfeld trivia I’m expected to know the acting career of  every one episode person in the series?

Oh the other one I wouldn’t have known is you had to know exactly how many times Jerry said “hello Newman” in the entire series.

I was surprised how many people shouted out Kramer on which of the four main characters wasn’t in the pilot. It was Elaine. They didnt know how to write for a woman. Actually the main female character at that point was going to be the coffee shop waitress. And it was a different coffee shop.

This would be a good trivia question if I were writing it. The original Newman was actually just Larry David’s voice. He was up on the roof threatening to commit suicide and the voice was Larry David. Of course now in Syndication they’ve changed all of that. But @sid_9169’s box set should have the original voice. Mine does.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 16

I got some information on the painting thing. I happened to be sitting the alchemy area when a couple of the alchemy people came down from the painting thing. They said they signed up for this on the first day. It doesn’t cost anything. But they also said most people who didn’t sign up got in because a bunch of people didn’t show up. Also recommended bringing your own brushes if you’re really into painting because the ones provided aren’t great.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 8