Points transferring between Royal & Celebrity

16 hours ago, doghog said:

Combining for RCG benefit. Increase the point levels for all tiers and decrease the benefits/perks for all tier levels. 

12 hours ago, Cruising89143 said:

Keep the perks and points cruise line specific. We cruise between both lines and have for many years. We’re not chasing status and I would hate to see the current perks diluted due to combining. 

Interesting that both DW and I have received two surveys from Celebrity in the past month asking whether granting full matching status between RCL and Celebrity would entice more RCL high tier cruisers to move over to Celebrity.

7 hours ago, orville99 said:

Interesting that both DW and I have received two surveys from Celebrity in the past month asking whether granting full matching status between RCL and Celebrity would entice more RCL high tier cruisers to move over to Celebrity.

I'd like to see the combining of the perks/benefits of the two programs but not the points. Both programs are already bloated. 

29 minutes ago, doghog said:

I'd like to see the combining of the perks/benefits of the two programs but not the points. Both programs are already bloated. 

Agree. The way the survey questions were constructed, my takeaway was that they were evaluating status match parity, but not any points combination. Since we always sail in Sky Suites on X and GS on RCL, points really don’t mean much to us anyway.

Edited by orville99

12 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I assume you weren’t interested in Princess because the crowd tends to be older on their ships. I was on the second sailing of Icon and I have never seen so many kids on a ship. Drastically different environment than the 9 day cruise we did on Celebrity Constellation last month when there were only 12 kids on the ship. 

We were. We went to Alaska in June to celebrate our 40th. I researched Carnival, Princess and Royal reviews online, looked at videos, price, features on the ship and we went on the Quantum of the Seas. It was a great decision! We are only emerald on Royal so we bought The Key for the additional benefits. 

We are diamond on RCL which makes us elite on X. We've done 7 X cruises and the points we have combined would make us D+ on RC, so another free drink..WOO HOO!  Don't

think we'll ever get to Pinnicle but combining points would be a good thing.