Oceania Rivera Clothes to pack

bella c

6 old ladies will be on Riv  Barcelona to Rome June 9 to 18.  Not sure what to pack.  Very dressy, casual chic, anything goes???   Like I said we are seniors (young at heart) so high heels and sparkles are not happening. Since we stop at some very ritzy places I don’t think we will be doing much shopping.  If you have done this itinerary I would appreciate some advice on what to do on shore.  We generally don’t book with the cruise line but try and find locals that could take us away from the crowds.  Also can we make reservations before the cruise for the restaurants.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Hi Bella C, my husband and I will be on the same cruise as you but it’s June 10 to 17 th! Look on your reservation papers and on the first or second page it will tell you when you can make specialty restaurant reservations. We are rocking seniors also and for a 7 day cruise you can get by with one pair of nice slacks, with various tops for the specialty restaurants and Main Dining room. I guess I would say it’s like going out for a celebration dinner. We will probably spend two dinners at the Terrace Cafe where you can wear what you wore during the day! People going on shore wear what is comfortable for them. If you are visiting churches you should prepare to have your shoulders and knees covered to be on the safe side. We will be going on 3 Oceania tours and walk around on our own in St. Tropez so can’t help you with on shore tours. Have a wonderful time!

• Like 1

Be comfortable and casual.  June is hot. Dress during the day in lightweight pants and tees.  A sundress might work. A hat is a must.  Don’t forget the sunscreen, sunglasses,  and bathing suit.  I like shorts or crops if the weather is warm.  For cooler climates, jeans or sweats with tees work well.  Evening is still casual . I don’t wear shorts or jeans in GDR or specialty restaurants. They are ok in the Terrace Buffet or Waves at night.  My usual evening attire is black slacks or capris with a nice blouse.  Chicos is my go to place for cruise clothes. Be sure to try Terrace buffet and Waves for dinner.  The choices include everything on GDR menu plus sushi, grilled fish and meat, Italian food from Waves. Pizza at night is very good. Enjoy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Humane said:

I live in short and long sundresses the whole cruise - saving the nicest ones for parties and dinner in specialty restaurants!  It is so easy. 

I guess you don't sail to chillier places 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, clo said:

I guess you don't sail to chillier places 🙂

I do, but it has been a while - since her cruise is in June - I figured that would work! 🙂

• Like 1