Silver Spirits Beverage Package with Viking

Travel 25

Not in my experience. You can certainly bring non alcohol spirits on board if you can find them in stores in port or from home. I drink only caffein free diet sodas and they don't have those either except on our last cruise on the Octantis they did have diet tonic in cans in the Aquavit Terrace bar but you have to ask for it, and they charge you for it without a Silver Spirits Package.

• Like 1

Honestly, I would take this question straight to Viking.   Skip the call center and the chat. Email Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Ask your question. Include your booking number. The key to your question is what is considered a soft drink and what is considered a bar drink. Soft drinks are complimentary at meals but charged the rest of the time. Bar drinks are never complimentary. Ask if they regularly stock zero gin on board. 

Also keep in mind, with Viking's byo policy, you can bring your own bottle on board. You can it bring to any of the bars and they will use it to prepare your cocktails (you will be charged only for the mixers).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Honestly, I would take this question straight to Viking.   Skip the call center and the chat. Email Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com. Ask your question. Include your booking number. The key to your question is what is considered a soft drink and what is considered a bar drink. Soft drinks are complimentary at meals but charged the rest of the time. Bar drinks are never complimentary. Ask if they regularly stock zero gin on board. 

Also keep in mind, with Viking's byo policy, you can bring your own bottle on board. You can it bring to any of the bars and they will use it to prepare your cocktails (you will be charged only for the mixers).

VERY HELPFUL! Thanks so much.

16 hours ago, ctrous said:

VERY HELPFUL! Thanks so much.

You can also ask - not guaranteed - but you can ask for a product to be stocked for you.

Caveat is that it has to be available where the ship is sailing and where they are restocking.  Viking aren't going to fly something in from across the world...  

Oh, and this must be done at least 60 if not 90 days in advance, and though the tellus@vikingcruises.com email address.

Again - no guarantees.

I have asked for things before and there is no update, you just wait and see when you are on the ship...

However, in general, I have not seen or heard of any Viking beverages that are Zero Alcohol.  I think you are left with juices, or sodas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

However, in general, I have not seen or heard of any Viking beverages that are Zero Alcohol.  I think you are left with juices, or sodas.

Isn't O'Doul's or something similar available?

Posted (edited)

Yes, they do offer a non-alcohol beer as well as mocktails. A lot of mixed drinks can be made with the alcohol and taste very good.

Edited by Insanityx4
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have read through lots of threads but didn't see this covered:  if I don't buy SSBP, but want to purchase an upgraded wine, do I pay the listed cost or any difference in price between the cost of the included wine and the upgraded wine?