New to Latitudes platinum level - questions

scgssny

31 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Bottom line is that for someone "new", the best advice is to make a reservation. We dine at NCL specialty restaurants 25-35 night a year. I have observed far more walk-ups turned away than accepted. Just my observation (we normally dine during "prime time" between 6:00 and 7:00). Advising people not to make reservations and just walk up is really really really bad advice. 

If you wait to the last minute, you can't get a reservation and you're on the mercy of the restaurants to allow you to walk-in. It works better when it is warm and sunny and they open up the al fresco dining. Windy, rainy, too hot, too cold days, they are limited to the inside seating in the restaurant. 

image.png.7fb3a22e08ad373580913e21f1fe54db.png

I agree, reservations are the way to go especially if you dine during the more popular hours. 

I did that the American Diner now appears to complementary for our upcoming cruise on the Joy, is that an accurate statement or just a trick? 🙂 

2 hours ago, scgssny said:

I agree, reservations are the way to go especially if you dine during the more popular hours. 

I did that the American Diner now appears to complementary for our upcoming cruise on the Joy, is that an accurate statement or just a trick? 🙂 

It's true:( The menu is radically different and I believe is only open for lunch (I could be wrong on that). Hopefully someone can correct me if I am! 

5 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

It's true:( The menu is radically different and I believe is only open for lunch (I could be wrong on that). Hopefully someone can correct me if I am! 

On the Encore last week, it was not open for dinner.     

• Thanks 1

So based upon the footnotes on the Latitudes benefits webpage, each dining coupon is good for one appetizer, one entree and one dessert and should you select to use your coupon in a specialty restaurant that is ala carte then each person is allowed four menu items. It lists the restaurants such as Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar. Does anyone know what is allowed in the Texas Smokehouse? 

39 minutes ago, scgssny said:

So based upon the footnotes on the Latitudes benefits webpage, each dining coupon is good for one appetizer, one entree and one dessert and should you select to use your coupon in a specialty restaurant that is ala carte then each person is allowed four menu items. It lists the restaurants such as Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar. Does anyone know what is allowed in the Texas Smokehouse? 

Appetizer, entree, dessert