Just got off the Gem, happy to answer any questions!

I was on the Gem this past weekend.  Ate at Cagney’s (shrimp cocktail and twin double lamb chops), Le Bistro (escargot and duck breast) and Teppanyaki (salad, miso soup and steak and shrimp).  I enjoyed all three meals.  Note that Le Bistro has a surcharge for all (3) beef choices and Teppanyaki is very loud.  Excellent service.  No complaints here.

• Like 1

Do they offer Rum Cake martinis?  My mom and I will be on the Gem at the end of April and it's our favorite drink. The Escape didn't have them on the menu (that I could find).

3 hours ago, Andoria said:

Do they offer Rum Cake martinis?  My mom and I will be on the Gem at the end of April and it's our favorite drink. The Escape didn't have them on the menu (that I could find).

If the bar has the ingredients, they can make them.  Just ask!

However, expect to pay extra. (Unless you have the Premium PLUS beverage package, you will pay an upcharge of a few dollars, plus service charge).

Here is an easy recipe:

Rum Cake Martini: 1.5 oz Kraken Black Spiced Rum, 1 oz. Godiva liqueur (dark creme de cocoa was used on ship instead of Godiva), .5 oz. Chambord, 2 oz. cream (shaken) -- mix all together except cream. Shake cream and pour on top over spoon (so it stays on top).

Garnish with raspberries

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If the bar has the ingredients, they can make them.  Just ask!

However, expect to pay extra. (Unless you have the Premium PLUS beverage package, you will pay an upcharge of a few dollars, plus service charge).

Here is an easy recipe:

Rum Cake Martini: 1.5 oz Kraken Black Spiced Rum, 1 oz. Godiva liqueur (dark creme de cocoa was used on ship instead of Godiva), .5 oz. Chambord, 2 oz. cream (shaken) -- mix all together except cream. Shake cream and pour on top over spoon (so it stays on top).

Garnish with raspberries

Thank you:)!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mimi_Snave said:

How was the food?  Which restaurants did you try?

We had lunch on embarkation day at Grand Pacific, and the food was really good! 

It was a short cruise so we ate at all specialty dining restaurants since we upgraded to the FAS +, so Moderno, Le Bistro, and La Cucina.  I’ll post some pictures

• 1 month later...

@disneynan  We haven't been on the Gem yet this year, however, from the NCL website:

When it comes to the entertainment on Norwegian Gem, there’s never a dull moment. Round up the kids and enjoy a magical evening with our magician and comedy show. Tap your feet to the pop country beat of Blazing Boots. Or don your best neon attire and dance the night away during our Glow Party. 

• Thanks 1