Alternative to Adventure Antigua Tours?

Grenouille21

Hello, I was all set to book one of the tours offered by Adventure Antigua but our ship arrives at 9am and they said that's too late for all of their tours. I'd like to know which other tour companies offer the same type of boat tour with a later departure time. Ideally there would be some snorkeling, a visit to Hell's Gate, a brief stop at a beach, and the Pillars of Hercules. Not interested in a party boat or booze cruise, and I don't care about lunch or food being offered. 

33 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

Hello, I was all set to book one of the tours offered by Adventure Antigua but our ship arrives at 9am and they said that's too late for all of their tours. I'd like to know which other tour companies offer the same type of boat tour with a later departure time. Ideally there would be some snorkeling, a visit to Hell's Gate, a brief stop at a beach, and the Pillars of Hercules. Not interested in a party boat or booze cruise, and I don't care about lunch or food being offered. 

Sadly, the only ‘similar’ is Excellence, but they also depart at 09.00

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Sadly, the only ‘similar’ is Excellence, but they also depart at 09.00

They're an option to book through the cruise line, so they can't possibly depart at 9. But reviews say they're a party boat with people crammed on, and they stop at Sandals as well to pick up more people. I don't know how accurate that is but it sounds odd that a cruise line excursion would pick up hotel guests. 

5 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

They're an option to book through the cruise line, so they can't possibly depart at 9. But reviews say they're a party boat with people crammed on, and they stop at Sandals as well to pick up more people. I don't know how accurate that is but it sounds odd that a cruise line excursion would pick up hotel guests. 

This could be a “Cruise Line Charter”, then to max out profits the ship allows Excellence to sell slots to Sandals (on their behalf) to take up any shortfall in their profits. You are correct about being crammed on, because maximum pax equals maximum profits.  That is why Xtreme is a much better option.

Suggest contacting Lawrence - http://www.lawrenceofantigua.com - as he may have options for a land tour with a sea visit.

6 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

This could be a “Cruise Line Charter”, then to max out profits the ship allows Excellence to sell slots to Sandals (on their behalf) to take up any shortfall in their profits. You are correct about being crammed on, because maximum pax equals maximum profits.  That is why Xtreme is a much better option.

Suggest contacting Lawrence - http://www.lawrenceofantigua.com - as he may have options for a land tour with a sea visit.

Thanks. Not interested in a land tour. Hours of driving around in a van or bus is not how I want to spend my precious little time in the Caribbean. 

1 hour ago, Grenouille21 said:

Thanks. Not interested in a land tour. Hours of driving around in a van or bus is not how I want to spend my precious little time in the Caribbean. 

Lawrence of Antigua is not a land tour. 

We spent the day at 2 of the nicest beaches Turners and Long Bay on opposite ends of the island twice with Lawrence it was GREAT!! After 8-9 visits to Antigua at this point I'm not sure I would spend my day with anyone else.

9 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Lawrence of Antigua is not a land tour. 

We spent the day at 2 of the nicest beaches Turners and Long Bay on opposite ends of the island twice with Lawrence it was GREAT!! After 8-9 visits to Antigua at this point I'm not sure I would spend my day with anyone else.

You're saying he takes you to the beach by boat? 

Nope I'm saying he takes you from the pier straight to Long Bay Beach on the other side of the island it's beautiful. Spend the morning on the beach get back in the van go straight to Turners right through the rainforest not the scenic route and spend the rest of the afternoon ON THE BEACH.  I've done this twice, been to Antigua almost a dozen times and going with Lawrence is tough to beat. 

Lawrence will personalize your tour but your not going to find a better day than starting out at Long Bay swimming all morning at the beach packing up around noon and heading straight to Turners Beach. We had all afternoon on Turners it was great.

Long Bay and Turners and I've been to A LOT of beaches on Antigua are my favorite the idea I get to go to both on the same tour is all me. Nice people nice bus nice drinks. 

If you don't want to take a tour and want to spend all day on the beach go straight to Turner's from the pier.

You'll figure it out. Have fun.😎