NCL Florence & Wine Tasting At A Tuscan Castle Excursion

CruisingSince1982

Has anyone done this excursion through NCL? Shore excursions is useless in trying to answer a simple question, and it is so frustrating! If anyone has done this, approximately what time did you leave Florence to go to the wine tasting? We have timed entry tickets to the Galleria already, and I am trying to make sure I can make this work before spending money on the tour. It leaves the ship at 7am. Thank you!

I didn't do the NCL, but seems Viking offered similar.  Even on the boat the  excursion desk had little clue to the exact schedule.  Upon badgering 🙂  the produced a hypothetical they would show us for the eventual Excursion we did take in Florence.    Than when we got on it we discovered they were doing it in reverse!.

I don't have a good recommendation for how to balance a ship excursion with pre-bought tickets to a museum or other.      I do know there are a bunch of second hand resellers.  We used that for the Academia on one day.  Was a small premium but they had limited tickets and their agent was standing right outside the entrance and each allotted time hour had what looked like between 5-10 customers.    Sadly for the Ufizzi we didn't have that option and had to wait about 30' in the no preserved line.   

Good luck

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

I didn't do the NCL, but seems Viking offered similar.  Even on the boat the  excursion desk had little clue to the exact schedule.  Upon badgering 🙂  the produced a hypothetical they would show us for the eventual Excursion we did take in Florence.    Than when we got on it we discovered they were doing it in reverse!.

I don't have a good recommendation for how to balance a ship excursion with pre-bought tickets to a museum or other.      I do know there are a bunch of second hand resellers.  We used that for the Academia on one day.  Was a small premium but they had limited tickets and their agent was standing right outside the entrance and each allotted time hour had what looked like between 5-10 customers.    Sadly for the Ufizzi we didn't have that option and had to wait about 30' in the no preserved line.   

Good luck

They took you to wine tasting in the morning?! Our excursion leaves at 7am. I hope they don't do that to us. They do specifically say we are going to Florence first. I guess time will tell! 

• Like 1