GTY suite when all JS sold out

Hello all,

I have searched through the forums and have not found this specific question addressed. I booked a GTY suite class on Wonder and when I booked, only sky class and above suites were left, but they offered the GTY suite offer as well, so I took it. 

Does royal keep a few Junior suites specifically for this reason? Now I see the GTY suite is not offered for the same sailing, and only the top tier suites are left available. 

Anyone ever get lucky off of that scenario and not end up in a JS? I'll probably end up doing royal up bidding if the room assignment is not done before that is offered. 

Thank you in advance!

They hold back cabins to satisfy the GTY bookings. People report having a GTY booking for a sold out category and they do get a cabin assigned. Also some JS bookings could Royal Up to higher suite, leaving JS open for GTY booking. Very very occasionally people report getting a room higher than JS with a GTY suite booking, but probably won't happen.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

October's a long way away, and things can change:

- Some of the people currently in JSs may "upgrade" or "Royal Up", opening up some JSs. 

- Some passengers currently in JSs may decide to "downsize" to a less expensive cabin.  

- Some passengers may need to change their dates (or cancel altogether).  

Bottom line:  I understand your desire to analyze "your chances", but you just can't know for certain what you'll get.  Having said that, we almost always go with a Guarantee, and we've always been pleased with our choice.  

7 minutes ago, DbPA said:

What is a GTY?  I haven’t seen that offered. Are you referring to a “RC picks the room” vs you pick?

Sort of.  With a category guarantee, you are guaranteed to get a cabin in that category, but it could literally be any cabin in the category, and it won't be assigned until much closer to sail date.  I believe with "RC picks the room" you find out much sooner (maybe even right after booking? I'm not positive) which room you got.

We booked a GTY balcony (obstructed view)for New Years 2024/25 and were assigned a cabin already, a regular,non-obstructed view, still can’t figure out why but I’m not complaining or asking!btw the ship is the Odydessy