Long Beach

newfiegirl4

Hey there. Has anyone been to Long Beach recently? Wondering how easily you can get in the water? I have knee issues and find it difficult in the drop offs…lol 
Thank you 

On 3/1/2024 at 12:42 AM, newfiegirl4 said:

Hey there. Has anyone been to Long Beach recently? Wondering how easily you can get in the water? I have knee issues and find it difficult in the drop offs…lol 
Thank you 

As the drop off is a recurring problem for Antigua’s beaches, because the action of tides is impossible to predict.  Here today, gone tomorrow.

Therefore, do consider a Rock Pool day at Sheer Rocks.  

This will give one peace of mind, also the opportunity to spend a wonderful day, with excellent food/drinks and service.  

Views from day beds are truly wonderful.

links..

https://sheer-rocks.com

https://sheer-rocks.com/blog/pool-experiences/

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

As the drop off is a recurring problem for Antigua’s beaches, because the action of tides is impossible to predict.  Here today, gone tomorrow.

Therefore, do consider a Rock Pool day at Sheer Rocks.  

This will give one peace of mind, also the opportunity to spend a wonderful day, with excellent food/drinks and service.  

Views from day beds are truly wonderful.

links..

https://sheer-rocks.com

https://sheer-rocks.com/blog/pool-experiences/

Thanks.

I agree and understand the beach erosion. it’s an ever changing landscape lol. We are only there from 10-5 I think so probably won’t waste that much money to only stay a few hrs. I’m thinking of the exchange rate too 😂

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, newfiegirl4 said:

Thanks.

I agree and understand the beach erosion. it’s an ever changing landscape lol. We are only there from 10-5 I think so probably won’t waste that much money to only stay a few hrs. I’m thinking of the exchange rate too 😂

Take a slight risk with a visit to Turners Beach.  There usually is the only gentle slope entrance to the sea, to the far left of the beach, by rocks, when facing the sea.  It’s a narrow strip, but visible from the beach.   

Shared shuttles from the port are available.  

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Visible

3 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Take a slight risk with a visit to Turners Beach.  There usually is the only gentle slope entrance to the sea, to the far left of the beach, by rocks, when facing the sea.  It’s a narrow strip, but visible from the beach.   

Shared shuttles from the port are available.  

We have reserved a taxi for 6 people. We have been to Antigua a few times. Done touristy things but just want a beach. Thank you!

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, newfiegirl4 said:

We have reserved a taxi for 6 people. We have been to Antigua a few times. Done touristy things but just want a beach. Thank you!

To assist…. Screenshot of a photo on TA giving a glimpse of the gentle sea entry by the rocks.

IMG_0639.jpeg

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Photo

On 3/4/2024 at 5:50 PM, newfiegirl4 said:

How did you go about reserving a taxi?  I think we have decided on Valley Church Beach for our June arrival but I have not figured out how to pre-book a ride.  Any help would be appreciated.

52 minutes ago, cnice515 said:

How did you go about reserving a taxi?  I think we have decided on Valley Church Beach for our June arrival but I have not figured out how to pre-book a ride.  Any help would be appreciated.

I found this lady a number of years ago and we’ve booked with her each time we are there. 
Valey Church was nice but a steep drop off which was horrible for getting in and out of! 
I found her on Trip Advisor. Her name is Emelda Roberts. If you have Facebook you can message her on there. That’s how I keep in contact with her. Make sure to mention me (Cathy Connolly). It’s always nice when they have recommendations!! Happy cruising!

1 hour ago, newfiegirl4 said:

I found this lady a number of years ago and we’ve booked with her each time we are there. 
Valey Church was nice but a steep drop off which was horrible for getting in and out of! 
I found her on Trip Advisor. Her name is Emelda Roberts. If you have Facebook you can message her on there. That’s how I keep in contact with her. Make sure to mention me (Cathy Connolly). It’s always nice when they have recommendations!! Happy cruising!

Thank you so much and I will absolutely mention that you referred me!!

• Like 1