Three Semi-Random Questions - Ladies' Dress Code, Luminae & Butlers

Hi all.  We're sailing Apex in the Retreat on the 23rd.  Three questions I was hoping to get feedback on.

First, is a romper acceptable evening dining room attire for a woman (if anyone knows)?  I have a couple dressyish ones I wear with heels, but I see an argument that they are shorts and therefore not approved.  I don't want to put the host in an awkward position.  Obviously, can wear pants or dresses instead, but I find these outfits to be fun and comfortable so I thought I'd ask if anyone had experience/knowledge.   

Second, I know there's discussion on this elsewhere, but I was wondering if anyone has recent feedback on edge class Luminae having the MDR classics available.  My husband loves Caesar salad and steak and I am a big fan of french onion soup.  I know you can't order off the MDR menu in the Edge class Luminaes, but I've seen conflicting reports here about thinks like caesar salad and steaks just being generally available.    

Finally, maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen confirmation of whether butlers are back on Apex for the SS.  (Sorry, not trying to further the traffic on butler gate!  Just curious!)  

This will be our first X cruise and I'm very excited!  

Posted (edited)

As far as the classics, they have them available from the Luminae kitchen.  On our last Apex cruise, my wife had French Onion soup and I had Escargot at least 5 of the 7 nights. Caesar  salad and steak was always an option as well.  Or simple chicken breast too.

Now if you are looking to order a specific dish (like Beef Wellington - if they even still do that) from the MDR menu; that would be more of a special request.

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have worn a romper to MDR before to dinner but I did have a longer set that came below my knees. 

As they come in all sorts of lengths I feel like it depends on the look/how it's accessorized. I mean I wouldn't wear one from Lululemon to dinner but I would from a women's clothing store as it's more dressy.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mshaines said:

First, is a romper acceptable evening dining room attire for a woman (if anyone knows)?  I have a couple dressyish ones I wear with heels, but I see an argument that they are shorts and therefore not approved.  I don't want to put the host in an awkward position.  Obviously, can wear pants or dresses instead, but I find these outfits to be fun and comfortable so I thought I'd ask if anyone had experience/knowledge.  

I love rompers and wear them all the time on cruises, including in Luminae.  The ones I wear for dinner are dressy and worn with dressy shoes.  I have some that are short and some that are long.  The short ones have bottoms that look more like a skirt. 

I have some that are more casual and those I wear during the day or onshore but not to dinner. 

• Thanks 1

I was on Apex in January in a Sky Suite.  I only saw my cabin attendant, never saw a butler.  Of course maybe there was a butler out there who had the misfortune to always knock on my cabin door when I wasn't in.  I always went to the Retreat Lounge to talk to the hosts there to handle my requests/issues.  They never told me to talk to my butler, so maybe.... no butler?