Hi Carole,

We have sailed from Fremantle twice and stayed at Quest Fremantle both times. Good location and an easy walk to the Cruise terminal (~12 mins). Freo train station is a 2 min walk away, and we caught the train to and from the airport as well. From room 501B we were able to watch the ship come in. Had no issues with Quest and would recommend.

Have a wonderful time! Regards, Leanne

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LDean said:

Hi Carole,

We have sailed from Fremantle twice and stayed at Quest Fremantle both times. Good location and an easy walk to the Cruise terminal (~12 mins). Freo train station is a 2 min walk away, and we caught the train to and from the airport as well. From room 501B we were able to watch the ship come in. Had no issues with Quest and would recommend.

To catch the train from Perth airport to Freo do you need to change trains or is it a direct service 

• Like 2

I stayed at the Hougoumont Hotel and it was wonderful and it has a great position in the main street.

The service was extra friendly ( I thought that the manger perhaps owned it, it was such a personalised service)

But the rooms are extremely small and I was glad my husband wasn't with me for that trip.

I don't think we could have fitted two suitcases in the room.

If I had to guess I would say they were single hotel/pub rooms converted to double and a tiny bathroom then squeezed into the room.

• Like 1

If you have time on the afternoon before your cruise take a walk to the old prison and take a tour.

I really enjoyed my time in the prison and there is some great commentary about the children that were imprisoned there.

There are also great unique boutiques in Fremantle.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LDean said:

Hi Carole,

Will look up the train,last time I was in Fremantle the train from the airport was not active,,was it easy enough with luggage ?

Cheers Carole

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

To catch the train from Perth airport to Freo do you need to change trains or is it a direct service 

Change trains, easiest at Perth. The airport train does head on the line toward Fremantle, but terminates at Clairmont.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We chose to stay in Perth for a couple of days to take in the surrounds of the city. There is a free bus zone around much of the city and we found it cheap & easy to get around. We like the Duxton hotel, and it was easy enough to get a bus to Perth station for a train to Freo on cruise day.

Next time we cruise out of Fremantle, we will likely spend time in Freo instead.

Edited by arxcards
  • Like 1

Whether you stay in Perth or Fremantle - it is very easy and short trip to get from one to the other o n the train.

I second the suggestion of a visit to Fremantle prison.

Old prison, now heritage listed. dates back t o convict era, tours are very interesting, especially the underground tunnels one.

• Like 1

Have been to Perth a few times over the years to visit a relative so have done a lot of sightseeing,this time it’s just to do the cruise but thanks anyway.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

We have stayed at The Esplanade in Fremantle they have a buffet restaurant for breakfast and usually for dinner depending on the night of the week you are there.  Close to the port taxis not always readily available so I usually book one with the taxi co so there are no probs on the morning of the cruise.  Will be interested in your impressions of the Crown as we are booked on her in 2026 and have not been on a ship that size yet.

2 hours ago, Witchymob said:

We have stayed at The Esplanade in Fremantle they have a buffet restaurant for breakfast and usually for dinner depending on the night of the week you are there.  Close to the port taxis not always readily available so I usually book one with the taxi co so there are no probs on the morning of the cruise.  Will be interested in your impressions of the Crown as we are booked on her in 2026 and have not been on a ship that size yet.

We have decided on Port Mill B&B very good reviews on another adviser, I will certainly give my impressions on the Crown when able.

The last bigger ship Iwas on was Majestic nut I love Coral size.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1