Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

1 minute ago, kiwichick62 said:

Thanks for the menus and food pics.  Gives me a good idea of serving sizes and if I should order two entrees if I am very hungry.  I am eating carefully to lose a few kilos before my May cruise but once on board all bets are off. 😂

Would definitely recommend ordering double, the portions are quite small for me. 

All bets are off for me too, and good thing as I approach 10 lbs gained 😬 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I like most fish but salted cod salad?  Hmmmm..,

That dinner buffet looked very weak tonight. Guess they blew the budget on the Irish buffet 😆

• Haha 4

A lot of these folks are prepared. With St. Patrick's day over many have flipped their door decorations to Easter. 

Wonder if they are staying on for the TA or if they are just that coordinated with their holiday decorations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Okay, I’m not familiar with effy.  What is it and is there a reason (like a huge discount) to buy jewelry online? 😂

No, I find it terribly overpriced. My mom has bought a few things over the years but mostly she goes for the free trinkets they give out. 

• Like 2

Lots  of food......but it is  nice to have a food  oriented thread.. in contrast to ones that focus more on  bars and drinking.,  I enjoy a cocktail or two but my type 2 and  meds require  strict control. 

How's your mom doing? Is she happy with the ship.?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

No, I find it terribly overpriced. My mom has bought a few things over the years but mostly she goes for the free trinkets they give out. 

Okay makes sense that they are giving something free.  I read something about pre buying credits for jewelry or some nonsense.  To each his own, but I’m not into it.  

• Like 1

Just now, hcat said:

Lots  of food......but it is  nice to have a food  oriented thread.. in contrast to ones that focus more on  bars and drinking.,  I enjoy a cocktail or two but my type 2 and  meds require  strict control. 

How's your mom doing? Is she happy with the ship.?

There is a fair amount of drinking too, but my glass of prosecco isn't a very interesting picture 😆. Food is, of course, my biggest vice though 😋

She is doing good. She seems to be enjoying herself and has about got the hang of her scooter. She keeps calling this a short cruise 🤣. After the last one she isn't wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Okay makes sense that they are giving something free.  I read something about pre buying credits for jewelry or some nonsense.  To each his own, but I’m not into it.  

Since the price is negotiable, I think having a credit would tend to cost you more money since they know you are motivated to buy.

6 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Got my dinner pager. No line tonight. 

Yay! Now let the fun begin!  

Also, I just did a workout... feel free to eat an extra 300 calories on my behalf. Haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Salt Lifer said:

Yay! Now let the fun begin!  

Also, I just did a workout... feel free to eat an extra 300 calories on my behalf. Haha.

Excellent I did also, so extra 600 calories it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Since the price is negotiable, I think having a credit would tend to cost you more money since they know you are motivated to buy.

Re the Effy give away item.....

The Effy charms are very tiny pieces that go inside a clear locket.  No real use for it but played the game once!

Jewelry on board is expensive but you can bargain a bit,  My husb bought me a beautuful watch for my birthday,,  (not Effy,)  I love it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

Re the Effy give away item.....

The Effy charms are very tiny pieces that go inside a clear locket.  No real use for it but played the game once!

Jewelry on board is expensive but you can bargain a bit,  My husb bought me a beautuful watch for my birthday,,  (not Effy,)  I love it!

She plays the game every cruise 😆. The charms they give away on Carnival are nicer but still nothing special.

She has bought a few pieces over the years.

• Like 1

It's hard to get too excited about a salad but inhale to say that was really really good. Very fresh tasting and a very nice flavor profile 😋.

Papperdelle fungi and Australian sea bass 804.

17108138988228783924126161684361.thumb.jpg.3bd65381208e25bf23773450d53d252e.jpg

17108139413361866488494928223674.thumb.jpg.b64096cf10501c62e8f18868a6f91b94.jpg

• Like 5

The fish was very nice. Piping hot still with a wonderful and light flavor and delicious sauce.

The pasts was the star though. The gravy was good enough we scooped up the extra in our spoon delicious 😋. My mom has declared it her favorite dish of the cruise so far.

• Like 3