Possible to get an additional room key?

This will be our first time sailing Celebrity. My wife booked a quilting cruise but it was more than $1000 cheaper to book a room on my own then to book through the quilting cruise as her roommate so that is what I did. She booked solo and will be assigned a roommate but will stay with me. The biggest issue will be access to the room, is it possible to get another key? Any other issues of which I should be aware? Any hidden benefits?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

The extra key card will just be for room entry.

As for any 'hidden benefits' of sharing the stateroom with your own wife, only you two will know. 

;  )

Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking that I better not get her mad at me because she will have another place to go 😄

Edited by fastpitchdad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just make sure that whoever she is assigned to room with gets her any information or things delivered to the room from the group. When groups have things delivered to the cabins, it is only to the cabins registered in the group.

• Like 1

AH - it's CC (think RN Reunion for clue). Happy to answer any Celebrity questions for you - we do at least one Alaska each summer. Very curious how you'll like it compared to NCL. 

We did the extra key thing last year on a family trip. Super easy to get the extra key at guest services - just make sure you bring a sharpie to write on the keys, so she knows which one is which.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ccqueenanne said:

AH - it's CC (think RN Reunion for clue). Happy to answer any Celebrity questions for you - we do at least one Alaska each summer. Very curious how you'll like it compared to NCL. 

We did the extra key thing last year on a family trip. Super easy to get the extra key at guest services - just make sure you bring a sharpie to write on the keys, so she knows which one is which.

Hi CC! 😄 I will definitely reach out as we get closer (this cruise isn't until Jan 25, we have 3 NCL cruises prior to that including Alaska). In fact hopefully I will see you at the reunion before then 🙂. I am curious as to how they compare as well. 

• Like 1