Mullet Bay waves and other questions

I keep reading the waves can be really bad. Was this a bad choice for an excursion at a beach? We like to spend our time in the water. Will we just get knocked down endlessly? 

Also what is the bathroom situation? Have to go buy a drink and then ask to use a bathroom? Need a key? Etc?

Are there any lockers to rent?

Thanks.

The waves can be rough at times.  Pay attention to the waves as you enter and exit, particulary when exiting. 

My suggestion is to go to the right when entering the beach.  I think there is more of a drop off on the left side which means having to move faster when a wave is coming as you are trying to exit. 

The bathroom situation is this: you can either purchase a pass for $6 (heard it includes the showers too, YMMV) or run up a bar/food bill and ask to use the restrooms.  They are locked/monitored. There are lockers that you can rent.  We have been ok leaving our stuff, plenty of cruisers around. Some reviews say the food is expensive but our experience is that it is fairly typical $18 cheesburgers/frys, $10-12 frozen drinks.  Honestly, I can't think of a single beach bar that has cheap food and drinks anymore.  Maybe in Mexico?

Sheal

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sheal said:

The waves can be rough at times.  Pay attention to the waves as you enter and exit, particulary when exiting. 

My suggestion is to go to the right when entering the beach.  I think there is more of a drop off on the left side which means having to move faster when a wave is coming as you are trying to exit. 

The bathroom situation is this: you can either purchase a pass for $6 (heard it includes the showers too, YMMV) or run up a bar/food bill and ask to use the restrooms.  They are locked/monitored. There are lockers that you can rent.  We have been ok leaving our stuff, plenty of cruisers around. Some reviews say the food is expensive but our experience is that it is fairly typical $18 cheesburgers/frys, $10-12 frozen drinks.  Honestly, I can't think of a single beach bar that has cheap food and drinks anymore.  Maybe in Mexico?

Sheal

Who has the pass to purchase and showers? Not the bars right? Separate bathroom/shower/locker place?

Thanks 

The lockers, bathroom, and shower are all located at "Da Waterhole".beach bar on Mullet Bay.  You pay for the pass at the bar. Try googling it on Trip Advisor.  

There is another bar, Rosie's, but I am not sure if they have bathrooms.  A new place, Kalatua, has opened since we were there last year. I am not sure which place you had in mind.  We have been going to Mullet Bay back when the bar was a cooler, the grill was a 55 gallon drum and the bathroom was a port-a-potty.  Da Waterhouse was a big improvement after the hurricane.

• Thanks 1

Went to Mullet Bay a month ago. We had lounge chairs just by Rosie's. Food was ok ( they claim they have the best ribs in the Caribbean, but no )

Beach was AMAZING, it was my third time at Mullet and it is perfect. The sand is soft, no rocks or seashels, water was PERFECT. The kids are still talking about it today !!!

• Thanks 1