WiFi on Princess

ozbrian

On the app I can only select an internet option for the entire voyage.

Once on board is it possible to buy at a day rate (for specific days only?)

6 minutes ago, ozbrian said:

On the app I can only select an internet option for the entire voyage.

Once on board is it possible to buy at a day rate (for specific days only?)

Yes, you can purchase single day coverage for Medallion Net internet service.  I had always assumed it was for the calendar day, but recent reports indicate it lasts for 24 hours from when you activate the purchase.  You can also sign up for internet service part way through the voyage and have it for the balance of the trip.  The rate for that is the same daily rate as for the full voyage - so less than the single-day rate for random days. 

New rate is $25/day for single device and $30/day for 1-off days booked.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, you can purchase single day coverage for Medallion Net internet service.  I had always assumed it was for the calendar day, but recent reports indicate it lasts for 24 hours from when you activate the purchase.  You can also sign up for internet service part way through the voyage and have it for the balance of the trip.  The rate for that is the same daily rate as for the full voyage - so less than the single-day rate for random days. 

New rate is $25/day for single device and $30/day for 1-off days booked.

Thanks for that excellent information!

I'm "downunder" and the price is about AUD$38 per day for a whole voyage package, which implies an exchange rate of about $0.65 which sounds about right. But in any case, it should be safe to assume the single day surcharge will be the same at 20%.

We just got off the Queen Elizabeth and they sold discounted internet packages prior to sailing. Do Princess offer discounted packs?

1 minute ago, ozbrian said:

Thanks for that excellent information!

I'm "downunder" and the price is about AUD$38 per day for a whole voyage package, which implies an exchange rate of about $0.65 which sounds about right. But in any case, it should be safe to assume the single day surcharge will be the same at 20%.

We just got off the Queen Elizabeth and they sold discounted internet packages prior to sailing. Do Princess offer discounted packs?

This has changed for some time now.  The internet pricing is the same pre-cruise as on board.  An advantage for ordering on board is you can use OBC to pay for it if you have the OBC to spend and not already ear-marked for other expenses.