Passenger Safety: Crew Members in Pax Staterooms

1 hour ago, cheetosrevil said:

Read all the comments, but I don't see any mention of the OP's statement of, "The women are both from the UK and the under 21 woman lamented that despite having a drink package, the crew on Discovery Princess would not serve her alcohol because she was “underage”. "

Did Princess sell an underage person a drink package? That's another question in my mind. Alcohol or soda? Not clear to me.

Many, many people frequently and erroneously equate the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages with the Plus or Premier Beverage Packages.

The Cruise packages includes the corresponding alcohol beverage package for those of age to drink booze on whatever itinerary - 21 out of US. If under 21, it only includes Zero Proof package, ie non-alcoholic beverage package.

It's very very likely the OP, and the cruiser in question, made the same assumption, ie bought the Plus Cruise Package and referring to it as a beverage package - as the vast majority do on the various Princess forums.

No, Princess did not erroneously sell an alcoholic beverage package to a "minor" as far as legal drinking age. The system doesn't work that way.. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Many, many people frequently and erroneously equate the Plus or Premier Cruise Packages with the Plus or Premier Beverage Packages.

The Cruise packages includes the corresponding alcohol beverage package for those of age to drink booze on whatever itinerary - 21 out of US. If under 21, it only includes Zero Proof package, ie non-alcoholic beverage package.

It's very very likely the OP, and the cruiser in question, made the same assumption, ie bought the Plus Cruise Package and referring to it as a beverage package - as the vast majority do on the various Princess forums.

No, Princess did not erroneously sell an alcoholic beverage package to a "minor" as far as legal drinking age. The system doesn't work that way.. 

Thank you for the clarification.

Edited by cheetosrevil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cheetosrevil said:

Thank you, your comment is interesting. Both of those offerings, cruise packages and beverage packages, include alcohol. The under 21 cruiser would have had to have Zero-Alcohol package, but I don't infer that by the OP.

They had a package. Would have converted to zero given the age. 

• Like 1

I worked on Hal for a few years and at every orientation meeting for new crew it was emphatically stated that crew should not fraternize with guests and under no circumstances should go to their cabins even if invited 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

If there is a rule prohibiting crew from being with passengers in cabins, it doesn’t matter how the crew came to be in the cabin. 

In my opinion it does make a difference. A staff person accepting an invitation to join passengers in their cabin may be a violation of employment protocol. If he followed them or somehow tracked them to their cabin, it’s much more worrisome.  You are welcome to your own opinion of course.

Edited by Torfamm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stosh68 said:

What violations were these?

Everything I've read so far leads to possible violations of CCL policy, not federal law.  Being in somebody's room is not a crime, it's a policy violation.

Secondly, there are things that don't make sense with the story.  First, it as said that it was the last night of the cruise, multiple times.  Unless the OP was on a B2B cruise, when did he meet with the Captain and others to complain?  Second, it was stated the the person left and returned to his cabin to get a bottle of champaign.  How did he get back into the guest cabin?  If he was not welcome or wanted, why would the occupants of the cabin open the door and let him back inside?

That’s my point.  The members of this board are’t investigators nor do any conclusions made here have any legal bearing.  So why discuss it here?  Let the authorities investigate if the people affected feel like the offenses, if there were any, are grave enough.

24 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

That’s my point.  The members of this board are’t investigators nor do any conclusions made here have any legal bearing.  So why discuss it here?  Let the authorities investigate if the people affected feel like the offenses, if there were any, are grave enough.

I agree there isn’t a need to have any conclusion about the specific details of this situation. The reason to discuss here is to understand if there are any rules/procedures and are they important to Princess. It is also helpful to hear from someone that worked on a cruise that has experience and direction from the cruise line that they should never be in a guest’s stateroom. If the rule is that absolute, it shows very poor judgment on the part of the employee. 

• Like 1