13 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

Will it likely be warm enough to sit on the pool deck or it usually still too chilly? The route is Miami to Portugal

Depends on when you go. We did a TA in March of last year to Barcelona and it was good for about 3 days.

That should definitely be warm enough while you're in the Miami area and beyond. It may even be good throughout. I went once in April, and the weather didn't turn really cool until we got past the Azores (we were eastbound) and into northern Europe. You may have nice weather for longer in May

Maybe yes or maybe no, when it comes to being able to sit out on the pool deck.  Based on our own experience (we have done many TAs) the odds are in your favor for warm (not hot) weather throughout your crossing.  However, you do need to be prepared for some cooler and inclement weather.  We have had crossings that were absolutely perfect and others with stormy weather that stayed with us for several days.  Just luck of the draw.

Hank

I did Barcelona to Tampa last November. Never needed a jacket except after the sun went down, and one day when it was so foggy, wet and damp. I could have swam every day. It became very hot after we crossed the half way to Bahamas. Mind you it might always be so!